IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

discogs is showing the UK/EU version is a 6 panel digipack with 16 page book, while the US version is a 3 panel digipack with 8 page book. can anyone confirm this? the pics people have posted here show 3 panel packaging with the artcards for EU customers, so this is confusing.

i think its really 6 panels, some mistake it for 3 panels with 6 sides but its the same thing. 2 of the panels are the cd tray and back cover for instance.

and again the 16 page book, they're counting the actual pages to get 8 not counting the other printed side of each page.

its actually just 4 pages cut, printed double sided, scored and stapled. giving you a 16 page booket

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, vinyl arrived on release day, in US! No freebies though, I guess Warp US don't play dat.

Thanks Zupiclone for the clarification, will probably pop down to Cactus Music to pick up a CD instead of supporting Amazon.

lol

so I hate Rolling Stone Smegmazine more than I ever will right now.

Just went to the site being curious about what they have to say about the album.

The shitty tiny, lazy review is like three sentences giving this beautiful work a "meh!" out of "whatever!".

Spin's crap review and now this.

if you want hatred in your heart: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/tomorrows-harvest-20130611

BURN THEM!

BURN THEM ALL!

lol

Just went to the site being curious about what they have to say about the album.

The shitty tiny, lazy review is like three sentences giving this beautiful work a "meh!" out of "whatever!".

if you want hatred in your heart: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/tomorrows-harvest-20130611

BURN THEM!

BURN THEM ALL!

one more...: http://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest

I actually got mine yesterday. But even the packing slip said it was shipping to Oregon, opposite side of the country. Blepp fucking with my head.

lol

BURN THEM!

BURN THEM ALL!

It was written by this twat. RS has always been a joke, the staff is a few old industry hacks and a corral of the most obnoxious, superficial, and fame-hungry college interns. That "review" was written after a 5 minute research session on google of the band and brainstorming of shitty metaphors to throw in there.

Spin gave a 9 at least.

As for the Tiny Mixtapes review, the same author has given plenty of juke, house, and techno releases glowing reviews. So either the guy apparently can't appreciate anything without a 808 - more likely - he doesn't give a shit about music. That's the problem with most of these blogs and magazines. It's one big circle-jerk over 95% of the same releases. I only read pitchfork for the very 2 or 3 albums (or reissues) they have reviewed by writers who actually give a shit. RA and FACT usually have decent reviews, XLR8R sometimes. Dusted did as well. Sometimes I find myself following specific writers: Phillip Sherburne, Simon Reyolds, and Chris Ott (who actually just deleted his twitter account in a dramatic fashion) because they are extremely intelligent and knowledgeable and passionate about the music they listen to and review, even if I disagree with them. The problem with most online music journalism is most content is produced to stay trendy and relevant and then move on even from the best albums as soon as they aren't "buzzworthy." That's why absolute horseshit like that review above is released without shame.

tiny mixtapes & spin are pretty spot on about this album really. right cm?...

:cerious:

right c...m?...

:cisfor:

ok then.

Apologies if this had been brought up, but does anyone else think that the album could've easily fitted on something on the Ghost Box label - seems to match their output very much

So, a package of CDs that I ordered from eBay, from the Something in Construction label (Air France album etc), which was sent yesterday (with 2 x First Class stamps stuck to the front) has arrived today. This makes me wonder, what method has Bleep used to post my album? I'm based in Manchester, England, btw.

It really annoys when I pre-order something, only to then walk past it in a shop and go... oh, I could've bought this today.

It's not a major deal but it would make me avoid Bleep for future pre-orders, when other, similar websites offer early or same day shipping every time (Juno, Chemical, Norman. Even Kompakt only takes around 4 working days and that's from Cologne).

Bleep is def one of the slower mailorders for some reason. I would've blamed it on the royal mail but Norman can always deliver so much faster. I also can remember warpmart giving lots of stickers and even a Warp pin, oh the days... (big plus for Norman Records again with candy and stuff)

My real problem with Bleep is their horrible order processing, I had ordered the new BoC on vinyl and CD a minute after the code was cracked, I wanted to order another thing and put it with that order in one batch, even mailed them to let them know so they can put those together. Bleep answered that they 'can't do that' yet. Bollocks. Anyway, then I had a friend order my extra stuff with his BoC CD pre-order last week in ONE order. Guess what arrived at his house this morning? My stuff, no BoC. Still no sign of my vinyl or CD as well, but I'm expecting that this week or I'm breaking up with Bleep!

Like a few of you, I'm still waiting for bleep to send my records too. I have a feeling this is why theyre taking so long:

976579_10151618331227829_278572989_o.jpg

(bleep stockroom, boc pre-orders)

Like a few of you, I'm still waiting for bleep to send my records too. I have a feeling this is why theyre taking so long:

976579_10151618331227829_278572989_o.jpg

(bleep stockroom, boc pre-orders)

That's kinda irrelevant though, since my Bleep order has been showing as 'despatched' since last Friday - if it's despatched, it's left the warehouse. If it hasn't left the warehouse, it isn't despatched and shouldn't be designated as such.

Guest jasondonervan

Osc, is it possible that your copy has gone walkies in the post? Any previous history of that happening to you? I know Blerp haven't exactly been blameless for staggered deliveries of long-standing preorders, but your delivery is taking way too long now...

Osc, is it possible that your copy has gone walkies in the post? Any previous history of that happening to you? I know Blerp haven't exactly been blameless for staggered deliveries of long-standing preorders, but your delivery is taking way too long now...

There has been one other occasion where something I've ordered from Bleep never got here, and that was Four Tet - There Is Love In You. I don't believe that was a Royal Mail fuck up though, and think it was more to do with the fact that they had new interns at the time (according to others on here who had fucked up orders around the same time.

Guest jasondonervan

What also doesn't help is that there isn't any tracking at all. Not sure about anyone else, but mine was handed over, no signature required. I hate that for valuable packages (mine was around £100 of goods), as you can only rely on the good will of whoever's sending the package if there's a problem with it not turning up.

What also doesn't help is that there isn't any tracking at all. Not sure about anyone else, but mine was handed over, no signature required. I hate that for valuable packages (mine was around £100 of goods), as you can only rely on the good will of whoever's sending the package if there's a problem with it not turning up.

There have only ever been two occasions where Bleep have sent my item via a recorded delivery that requires a signature: Quaristice Limited Edition, and Warp20 Box Set.

Guest jasondonervan

I only used Bleep in recent times for the following scenarios:

- I couldn't find a specific item elsewhere

- Something that's on sale

- A new WARP release where I thought I might be rewarded in some marginal fashion for buying 'local'.

For everything else, it's Juno, Norman or Chemical Records.

Archived