IGNORED

who should play the next Doctor Who?

Rubin Farr

Guest disparaissant

well the doctor's first companion was his granddaughter, which implies that he has reproduced SOMEHOW, though given the vastness of space and procreative possibilities, it doesn't necessarily imply that he has ever had sex. or has a penis. or a vagina. or even a cloaca. perhaps he budded?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of reproductive anatomy, it really grossed me out when 10 and 11 were comparing sonic screwdrivers and it became apparent that the primary difference between the two is 11's has claspers.

Truly awful episode and a cheap regeneration.

Yeah it was a bit iffy. The Christmas episodes are always a bit cheesy, so combining that with a regenaration and Matt Smith getting old and lots of silly christmas mythology was a bit awkward.

I really liked the bit about the cracker poem though.

- OOh I hope its a knock knock joke, those are the best

- (poem about 11 and 12 and clocks and time etc) "And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve's."

- *shrugs* I don't get it

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I had no idea what a christmas cracker was. when I first heard it mentioned in the episode I was expecting something edible.

The hats come inside the crackers, and people are drunk. So therefore the hats would get put on and the jokes, also found inside the crackers, get told, i'd imagine.

yeah the hats come in the crackers. Everyone does pretty much end up wearing those hats. I make a point of it.

I had no idea crackers were just a UK thing.

Hah, neither did I !

So yeah you get pull this -

90_04_35-christmas-cracker_web.jpg

And it makes a little bang. Inside you get the paper 'crown', a joke or fact, and a small toy or puzzle or ornament (usually just a shitty plastic thing)

• 6 months later...

they still haven't improved the quality of the set design, special effects, over all look of the show i see. Looks like a badly made children's TV program. stupid fuckers, destroying something i treasured so much.

they still haven't improved the quality of the set design, special effects, over all look of the show i see. Looks like a badly made children's TV program. stupid fuckers, destroying something i treasured so much.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic!

nope. i leave this thread alone, allow me this one gripe moment in the thread, it'll be buried by pages more of praise for the mediocre pandering tripe that they call doctor who these days.

bare in mind that i refuse to watch it, so you can think what you will of my comments in that context. "oh he just doesn't understand how wonderful it is, if only he'd seen episode x from season blar dee blar that would be a good start to recommend and in to the series, then he'll be on board."

sorry man, you know i love you. [-; :: `oK(~;-]

I normally wouldn't give a toss about Dr. Who but Ben Wheatley directing the first two episodes has me intrigued.

The first episode is great - perfect way to introduce the new Doctor. Ben's direction is spot on as usual.

dont think jean claude van damme is up to much these days.

or

dr zeuss make it more educational or wally from wheres wally

nope. i leave this thread alone, allow me this one gripe moment in the thread, it'll be buried by pages more of praise for the mediocre pandering tripe that they call doctor who these days.

bare in mind that i refuse to watch it, so you can think what you will of my comments in that context. "oh he just doesn't understand how wonderful it is, if only he'd seen episode x from season blar dee blar that would be a good start to recommend and in to the series, then he'll be on board."

You are dead to me. :emotawesomepm9:

Seriously though - you might want to consider watching this series - Capaldi is the closest to the classic Doctors we've gotten yet, and I really enjoy his performance.

dont think jean claude van damme is up to much these days.

or

dr zeuss make it more educational or wally from wheres wally

Jean Claude is too busy doing splits between moving tractor trailer trucks...

I normally wouldn't give a toss about Dr. Who but Ben Wheatley directing the first two episodes has me intrigued.

The first episode is great - perfect way to introduce the new Doctor. Ben's direction is spot on as usual.

Cool, I didn't even realise it had been on, I'll give it a go.

You are dead to me. :emotawesomepm9:

Seriously though - you might want to consider watching this series - Capaldi is the closest to the classic Doctors we've gotten yet, and I really enjoy his performance.

He certainly looked much better than the prior two in that close up wearing that suit. And i like the idea of an older doctor, at least one out of his 20s or 30s, gives the part more gravitas. But then i watched the clip and yep, you know the rest.

• 2 months later...

So, what do you all think of Peter Capaldi so far?

I find the new season to be an interesting new take on the series.

Peter Capaldi is a lot different from any of the previous embodiments I have seen, but I have to admit I didn't watch too much of the original series. His awkward, a bit less perfectly moral personality gives the whole show an interesting, dark undertone.

Archived