IGNORED

Legowelt - Crystal Cult 2080

manmower

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrgypsum

his releases are as scattered as DMX Krew it would be impossible to keep up with them.

the nerd is firing a lot of stuff at the wall lately, it's not all sticking either.

i guess i would rather an artist release too much, although another favorite of mine, autechre probably has the best release break release quantity. i am liking this release alot. i am most definitely picking it up at least digitally.

Looking forward to his new sound, his last soundcloud/yt posts were pretty fresh (especially Computer Hobby Club, massive tune). Did anyone catch his latest alias Lords of Midnite? Also really nice, and dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1IQbNRBxk

I didn't know! Lot's of thanks that made my day

These sampler tracks sound amazing! And thanks for the pointer to "lords of midnite", which I'd missed...

My main sadness about legowelt is that so few of his releases hit digital distribution =( (Though junodownload's presence here makes me hopeful for this one... sorry if I missed some basic reading in the thread)

anyway, always happy for more legowelt freshness...

My main sadness about legowelt is that so few of his releases hit digital distribution =( (Though junodownload's presence here makes me hopeful for this one... sorry if I missed some basic reading in the thread)

Bleep has it now, here you go: https://bleep.com/release/50220-legowelt-crystal-cult-2080

Amazing album by the way. Lots of smooth progressions in the tracks, which is kind of unusual for him I guess. There's more ebb and flow going on than sudden changes. I get the impression he really put in a lot of time and effort to refine this one. Strong candidate for album of the year.

Bleep has it now, here you go: https://bleep.com/release/50220-legowelt-crystal-cult-2080

Amazing album by the way. Lots of smooth progressions in the tracks, which is kind of unusual for him I guess. There's more ebb and flow going on than sudden changes. I get the impression he really put in a lot of time and effort to refine this one. Strong candidate for album of the year.

Wow, thanks --- I found not only this release, but a few others I was missing.

Anyone know what cut bleep takes? For instance, I like buying at bandcamp, since I know the artist gets 85% or 90% (based on volume). Either way, send a fair bit of money to both of them just now...

I don't know if Bleep are as good as Bandcamp in that department to be honest. But at least he tweeted the link to Bleep himself so I guess he endorses it.

I see you get the two CD bonus tracks with the download as well. The last one, A Distant Meadow In Your Soul, is insanely good!

I don't know if Bleep are as good as Bandcamp in that department to be honest. But at least he tweeted the link to Bleep himself so I guess he endorses it.

I see you get the two CD bonus tracks with the download as well. The last one, A Distant Meadow In Your Soul, is insanely good!

Yes, I agree, "A Distant Meadow In Your Soul" is a wonderful track.

Speaking of .. Legowelt using the word "Soul", I also nabbed "The Paranormal Soul" from bleep. I'm new to Legowelt and missed the free download, but am more than happy to send him money for this; the tracks I'd heard are amazing, and I've been playing the album mercilessly since downloading!

About "revenue sharing", still don't know about bleep, but quick googling reveals google play store takes 70%; I've been using google play store due to convenience (android phone), but will not make sure to double check with bandcamp first. (Really happy that ceephax, for instance, puts basically everything on bandcamp.)

Anyway, thanks again for the pointer to bleep! I'm feeling pretty silly for having missed that ....

Got the crystal clear vinyl in this week, still waiting for the cassette. Beautiful album, but is it just me or is the third track on the A-side? On the cover and online it says the third track is b1. Seems like a weird pressing mistake...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LT22i met Tapatalk

I got the tape/crystal vinyl and CD in one shipment although it was delayed for a week at the last minute (supposed to ship March 31st but it didn't until April 7th).

There are some slight inconsistencies in the artwork between the different editions and yeah the track listing on the vinyl is a bit off.

I got the tape/crystal vinyl and CD in one shipment although it was delayed for a week at the last minute (supposed to ship March 31st but it didn't until April 7th).

There are some slight inconsistencies in the artwork between the different editions and yeah the track listing on the vinyl is a bit off.

It´s actually not very suprising, typical Creme Org fashion to mess up the tracklisting. I also got the Nami Shimada repress, with the tracklist also scrambled. Legowelt's Vatos Locos is the worst though, the first CD they pressed had the same track twice (but different titles), then they did a repress to make up for it, but that still had the same double track issue. The only difference was they forgot ANOTHER track and had this printed on the sleeve: "Creme Consumer Protection Agency 100% no double tracks"

And yeah, they (Godspill) said it was shipped the 3rd, but they actually shipped it on the 8th... And then they forgot to add my cassette :emotawesomepm9:

But whatever, the album is totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess i would rather an artist release too much,

the problem there is, it so often leads to landfill. humans are good but not that good. Jeff Mills, another one, hit n miss. 3 albums a year now? lol

perhaps with labels asking certain artists for tracks every 3 months for vinyl pressings, nowadays its too good of an opportunity to miss with digital everywhere - checks hard drive - here's 4 tracks. Less known artists release less to start with, because they've less opportunity and money - this breeds classics, they're hungry, work harder.

My main sadness about legowelt is that so few of his releases hit digital distribution

shouldn't be too hard, he does sound digital and clean now.

• 2 months later...
Guest mrgypsum

i guess i would rather an artist release too much,

the problem there is, it so often leads to landfill. humans are good but not that good. Jeff Mills, another one, hit n miss. 3 albums a year now? lol

perhaps with labels asking certain artists for tracks every 3 months for vinyl pressings, nowadays its too good of an opportunity to miss with digital everywhere - checks hard drive - here's 4 tracks. Less known artists release less to start with, because they've less opportunity and money - this breeds classics, they're hungry, work harder.

My main sadness about legowelt is that so few of his releases hit digital distribution

shouldn't be too hard, he does sound digital and clean now.

my favorite track on there is 04 Psychotic Endurance. WOW

anyway i guess its the collector in me that wants to get everything, but now a days, there are vinyl only, tape only, cd only, digital only, or combo or all or none. but with legowelt its to the extreme because he has many aliases. however i stand by my original assessment, give me more legowelt than less.

at least he is no aphex...that guy gives you fractions of drips of water when youre starved.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived