IGNORED

A Very WATMM Christmas 2013

Root5

I think it would be nice to do another WATMM Christmas album.

For those not familiar with the existing WATMM Christmas albums, see here and here.

I don't think we necessarily need to do one of these albums every year, but there are some notable gaps in the current list of carols. It would be nice to fill in these gaps with a third album.

The rules are simple. Remix a Christmas song, or write an original Christmas song.

The deadline is December 8th. NOW CLOSED. This will give us enough time to write some tracks, and get them out in time to listen to during this year's holiday season, and every one in the future.

Please submit in lossless format (wav, aif, flac).

Please submit unmastered tracks. Don't compress them. I'll do that (or I'll ask Zephyr Nova).

To submit tracks, please send them to cytoplantastic [at] gmail [dot] com.

For naming convensions, please either name your track as the name of the original Christmas carol with a bracketed modification at the end (for example: Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Speak & Spell Mix)) or as a pun on the name of the original Christmas carol (for example: Little Sampler Boy).

In the Christmas spirit I'll publish every track sent to me. I've had this policy for the past Christmas albums, the the standard of the tracks has been great. Many of them are silly, lighthearted, and not necessarily masterpieces, but they are all thoroughly enjoyable. I'm hoping to get at least 10, but it's fine if I get less. The idea is to add to the previous two releases, to make a nice playlist of electronic Christmas music.

Also, this year there's a moratorium on the little drummer boy. We've done it 3 times. That's enough.

We've also done a couple carols twice, so try to avoid doing those ones again.

Below is a list of tracks we've done so far. Do not redo the little drummer boy. Avoid the ones done twice. The ones done once are totally fair game:

Little drummer boy x3

The last christmas x2

Wonderful Christmastime x2

Sleigh ride x2

Carol of the bells x2

Coventry carol

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Silent night

White Christmas

O come all ye faithful

O come, o come emmanuel

Frosty the snowman

Hark! the herald angels sing

The snow angel

Jingle bells

Greensleeves

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer

Dance of the sugarplum fairies

Just a lonely Christmas

Let is snow

Silent night

Auld lang syne

My favourite things

(We've also have 4 original tracks)

The following carols have not yet been remixed. Please remix them!!:

NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST. IF YOU WANT TO REMIX SOMETHING ELSE, OR DO AN ORIGINAL TRACK, DO NOT HESITATE TO DO THAT!

The twelve days of Christmas

Santa baby

Must be santa

Away in a manger

Good king Wenceslas

Angels we have heard on high

Jingle bell rock

Ding dong merrily on high

God rest ye merry, gentlemen

Noel

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

Santa claus is coming to town

Silver bells

We three kings of orient are

Winter wonderland

...any more?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rulohead32

oh, I had one song made for this compilation, but it's not a christmas carol. And I'm not good at remixing songs :(

I'm off.

oh, I had one song made for this compilation, but it's not a christmas carol. And I'm not good at remixing songs :(

I'm off.

Original songs are allowed! Please contribute!

I'm in, might do a few short ones if allowed multiple entries?

Multiple submissions are encouraged. I'm going to try to do the '12 days of Christmas' and 'Must be Santa'. These are both as of yet unremixed, so it's fine if anyone else wants to do them as well.

I am going to cut my balls off and make a cover of 'Walking In The Air'.

You sing like a naked angel. :wub:

I think I'm actually going to finish my contribution for last years comp for this. I might have a chance at entering something to a watmm comp for once, and no moderation. It's a fucking shoe in. Ho ho ho

Does the song have to sound Christmas-ish or it doesn't matter?

It should sound Christmassy, but interpret that loosely. If you send me an original track and you'd like it to be on the album, then I'll include it no questions asked.

In the past some people have asked my opinion about whether their track would fit in, or how it could be altered to fit in better. I've been more than happy to help out in those situations. So either option is encouraged.

tl;dr send me your tracks yo

I'm going to source a lot of my track from an old 78rpm recording of silent night, not sure how recognizable it'll end up though.

I'm going to source a lot of my track from an old 78rpm recording of silent night, not sure how recognizable it'll end up though.

Sweet. I love pilfering through 78s for samples, I picked up a whole crate of them from a car boot sale for £20. Massive bargain, full of absolute gems.

Archived