IGNORED

2014 Changes Start Now

Schlitze

Hi, this year i am more determined than ever to take part in more sport rather than just sitting there watching it, i'm just lying there. Listen you ****.

But it's not all sport stuff. i wanna see if theres any good music around, and go to the cinema more often.

What changes will you make this year?

Take up devil worship. It's something I've always thought about.

I'd like to cycle down the west coast of Ireland, and have a pint in every pub as I go. Maybe go to that Island Sark where there are no cars, just horse and cart (and pagans), there's a disused railway line that runs from Edinburugh or Glasgow, I forget which, to Inverness. I'd like to cycle that.

I just want to go to some really interesting places. I've been lazy the last few years.

After 2013 was all about graduating, battling addictions, finding a job, keeping said job - all done under the roof of my loving parents - I am finally able, both financially and mentally, to get out there again.

So moving out, preferably to Amsterdam

Socializing with some lost friends again, and not trying to kid myself that the social needs I find on the Internet are the only ones I need (either with or without username)

Just less internet in general

Travelling to Portugal, hopefully volunteering for a festival there for the better part of May, June, July and August,

Take on yoga in a serious manner and

Try to find people who I can really vibrate with.

Challenging times ahead, but I feel I can make it with the support and love of people, but mostly, with the support and love of myself.

Familiarize myself with music from the 70's, release 5 albums, actively promote my recording studio even when I'm not desperate for business, perform at least one live show per month. I have other ideas about things I should do, but I'm not confident I would follow through with them (ie. make a concentrated effort to eat healthy and regularly).

Less internet seems like a good idea.

Doubt it will happen though.

A lot of my internet for me nowadays is finding some vague form of social interaction which is severely lacking in my life right now due to spacial circumstances (i.e. all my social contacts build up over the years live in Amsterdam). I reckon once I get closer to peoples again, my lust for this whole Internet shenanigans will fade.

The first and worst change of the year so far is over 1 million people in the US just lost their emergency unemployment compensation (which is provided by the federal govt) and may number over 5 million by year's end. Thanks congress for flaking on those who need it most, while you went on holiday.

2nd 2014 change - head for Colorado they're blazing up!

Less internet seems like a good idea.

Doubt it will happen though.

A lot of my internet for me nowadays is finding some vague form of social interaction which is severely lacking in my life right now due to spacial circumstances (i.e. all my social contacts build up over the years live in Amsterdam). I reckon once I get closer to peoples again, my lust for this whole Internet shenanigans will fade.

Oh man, I can be so self-absorbed :\

You can change if you will it, Deepex. All this 'seems' just gives you ways out not to. But hey, at least the intention to change is there.

I plan to:

1. Get rid of my smart phone in favour of a simple Nokia with a long battery life - then start reading books and writing more music.

2. Join that karate class that takes place on Wednesday evenings / Sunday mornings.

3. Cut out weekday alcohol in favour of the odd toke - to reduce outgoings, lose weight and improve bowel health.

4. Play more gigs.

I mentioned it in the other 2014 thread but: I've made a pact with myself to not buy anything in 2014 after spending far too much money this (well technically last) year. Food, drink, clothes (when current ones are worn out) & bills will be my only outgoings - I'm finally gonna start enjoying everything I've bought instead of it all getting lost in an ever increasing pile of my crazy impulsive consumerism.

So no purchase (or download) of any new games, apps, plugins, films, music, tv shows, or photography or music equipment. Gonna see if I can do it.

Nah, I didn't get round to buying The Cartel last year so it's gonna have to wait till 2015. The only time I'll 'cave in' will be if they do any EBS releases as I know they only stick around for a few months before getting deleted.

Move to a new place to put myself in an environment that will make me live like a rockstar on the eve of the Rapture/help end poverty.

I think there's several required steps before that's an issue - Not even got another 'alf !

That's the only 100% reliable form of contraception unfortunately.

Already deactivated my Fartbook acct yesterday, so now just gotta refrain from logging in ever again for the next two weeks or so and it will go poof

I also considered taking a sabbatical from WATMM this year until I completed a certain project, but I was inspired to return once Joyrex informed us of the discovery of Kabosu (the Doge)

In 2014 I hope to be more lazy, waste more time and feel more hopeless than ever before, I hope to let everyone down, especially myself and get closer to realising my total inadequacy and inability to realise my potential

Guest disparaissant

Already deactivated my Fartbook acct yesterday, so now just gotta refrain from logging in ever again for the next two weeks or so and it will go poof

you think this, but i had an old email account get hacked and my ancient facebook profile came back to life and started posting stuff about weight loss 3 years after i deactivated it.

anyways, my goal is to post a weekly "life event" on facebook that makes no sense whatsoever. my first one involved devouring the soul of the mirror-universe ronald reagan. i plan to get weirder from there.

also i should probably quit smoking.

The concept of New Year's resolution just seems so silly to me. I don't think ever meet a person that has stayed committed to their resolution for more than a month or so.

So what's the point... Make lifestyle changes when you're properly motivated instead. And that can take some adjusting, over a larger period of time, for some people apparently. And it isn't automatically going to happen because of some silly tradition, if you really wan't to change your lifestyle, that is going to take a certain degree of dedication.

I know that most people are just using it as a laugh or for the sake of banter, which is perfectly fine. But it is slightly annoying when people are being deadly serious about something they want to change and then they follow through at all... It's pure laziness. Like family members that promises they will quite smoking and then don't.

This wasn't directed at anyone here, just a general observation about New Year's resolutions.

#GettingAnnoyedAboutNothingAndNeededToWhineAboutSomethingOnTheIntenetToday

Archived