IGNORED

Biosphere - Patashnik 2

Silent Member

bandcamp So, this is a collection of some earlier versions of tracks that ended up on the album and bunch of unreleased tracks from the same period.

Found this one to be incredibly boring, and disappointing, since Shenzhou is amazing. Virtually every track = some distortion effect, an LFO, and a single loop. Someone made a great comment in the thread for that album: If some no name guy had created it, no one would have given a shit.

Wish there were more ambient tracks on this Patashnik release. Hopefully he'll do something like this for other albums.

Found this one to be incredibly boring, and disappointing, since Shenzhou is amazing. Virtually every track = some distortion effect, an LFO, and a single loop. Someone made a great comment in the thread for that album: If some no name guy had created it, no one would have given a shit.

Yeah me too, letdown-release imo. Not as bad as his absolute rubbish & lazy live performance with Lustmord as "Trinity" in Amsterdam'n last year. That sucked hard, worst gig I've been to. Can you imagine Biosphere AND Lustmord playing a one and a half hour monotonous, uninspired Noise-set? This was it.

N-Plants however, despite the hate it usually gets, is actually really good once you open yourself up and accept its style.

N-Plants however, despite the hate it usually gets, is actually really good once you open yourself up and accept its style.

Still don't really like N-Plants - don't hate it, just don't find it very interesting. For me the best thing to come from it was the Sight Below remix 12'' that came from it:

https://soundcloud.com/experimedia/the-sight-below-n-plants

Had no idea that existed.

Yeah I guess N-Plants doesn't have the "emotional depth" that Dropsonde, Shenzhou or Cirque have. Simple song structure and the cleaner production style don't leave as much space for interpretation, maybe. I used to be extremely underwhelmed by the release, except the very first track which is the only more traditional Biosphere-esque one on there.

I don't know when exactly it "clicked" with me but something must have happened and I listened to it differently from that point on. I now imagine the tracks to be the soundtrack to some kind of Radiation Education Video or something. Kinda like Boards of C without the degrading bit. And the beats are actually quite lush. The tracks Genkai-1, Ōi-1 and Fujiko ... :wub:

Anyway, Patashnik. Used to like it a lot. Now I find it a bit cheesy, hasn't exactly aged well I guess. Still curious about these other versions. Would probably kill for some Dropsonde-outtakes though!

Yeah me too, letdown-release imo. Not as bad as his absolute rubbish & lazy live performance with Lustmord as "Trinity" in Amsterdam'n last year. That sucked hard, worst gig I've been to. Can you imagine Biosphere AND Lustmord playing a one and a half hour monotonous, uninspired Noise-set? This was it.

Sounds shitty. I also heard his set at Decibel 2012 was pretty boring. I saw him at Substrata in 2011; weird percussive piece that went on for maybe 20 - 30 min, the first track off n-plants (only one I dig), and it might be forgetting another. A little underwhelming.

I think the majority of the techno tracks on Patashnik are pretty corny. Tempo is too fast. The Shield is cool though. I like this first version of The Seal & The Hydrophone. Would definitely be nice to hear unreleased tracks/versions from later releases. I'm sure there's more from Substrata than Endurium and The Eye Of The Cyclone.

I don't mind the Patashnik/Microgravity era techno-ish stuff... aye it sounds dated but comforting. Guess I'm getting to an age where nostalgia is kicking in more often than is healthy.... still I do agree the Cirque/Dropsonde/Substrata stuff is the best.

Thing putting me off this new version of Patashnik is the 10 euro price (or more!!!) which is pretty eye watering for a digital release.

• 1 month later...

There's a release of Substrata that comes bundled with a soundtrack he did to Man with a movie camera for some festival. You might wanna check that out if you haven't already.

Stoked for this, Patashnik is great.

this track is ace btw:

There's a release of Substrata that comes bundled with a soundtrack he did to Man with a movie camera for some festival. You might wanna check that out if you haven't already.

Lush new packaging on that release too.

Archived