IGNORED

Keynell Mixes

Guest fox

how many keynell mixes are there and where do they come from? i've been wondering this a while. here's what i've got:

Keynell:

Keynell 1 8:01

Keynell 2 11:03

Keynell 3 8:11

Keynell 4 11:06

Keynell (ae mixes):

Keynell (ae mix 1) 9:24 (composer=booth incidentally in the id3 tag from bleep)

Keynell (ae mix 2) 10:13

so then i find these out there and i don't know if they're legit and if so where they come from (skam comp, maybe?)

Keynell rmxed by autechre 4:50

Keynell rmxed by ae 7:25

anybody know the skinny on these extra two?

There are 7 from what I remember, the 6 you listed, plus this one which I think is the 7:25 version. Dunno about the 4:50 one.

good spot! Maybe the 4:50 isn't keynell, though it sounds quite a bit like it.

Guest eatanter

There are 7 from what I remember, the 6 you listed, plus this one which I think is the 7:25 version. Dunno about the 4:50 one.

there was this radio session ae did in 1997. you can find some info about it on warprecords.com. catalogue# was wapcd51, i think. it consisted of remixes and some (i think) alternative versions of ae tracks. it had one track in it that very much seemed like another keynell mix to me, the drum sounds, steady beat and the chopped up voice.. actually it's my favourite keynell mix, very slow and dark.

it might be the 4:50 min version mentioned here, don't know. but it wasn't on neither of the gescom/ae keynell mix releases. years ago there was a site up where someone provided the set as a download (no idea if the site still is up).

but what the hell is this 7:25 version, wanna have it! (link seems to be broken)

unrelated:

tracks on Gescom's "This" are remixes of ae's Anvil Vapre.

Really? That's interesting considering how different they are from the source material. I don't own this record, does it say something similar to cichlisuite like "mechanically reclaimed by autechre"?

there was this radio session ae did in 1997. you can find some info about it on warprecords.com. catalogue# was wapcd51, i think. it consisted of remixes and some (i think) alternative versions of ae tracks. it had one track in it that very much seemed like another keynell mix to me, the drum sounds, steady beat and the chopped up voice.. actually it's my favourite keynell mix, very slow and dark.

it might be the 4:50 min version mentioned here, don't know. but it wasn't on neither of the gescom/ae keynell mix releases. years ago there was a site up where someone provided the set as a download (no idea if the site still is up).

but what the hell is this 7:25 version, wanna have it! (link seems to be broken)

the link went to discogs, don't know why it would be broken. Here it is again.

unrelated:

tracks on Gescom's "This" are remixes of ae's Anvil Vapre.

You mean the remix of 'Pelt'? 'Cause the other tracks are all from recognizable places. Keynell is from Keynell, Viral Rival is from the Gescom vs Ad Vanz split ep with Foehn and Mag is off of Gescom 2, i think. i always wondered who the remixers were on "That" as well? Who is Velocity Kendall? Or DC Duo's? Or Tara? Are these just Gescom pseudonyms?

i always wondered who the remixers were on "That" as well? Who is Velocity Kendall? Or DC Duo's? Or Tara? Are these just Gescom pseudonyms?

Yes, most likely. I think I read somewhere that Velocity Kendall specifically was Rob Hall, AKA Ad Vanz. Not sure about the others but I am sure they are just pseudonyms for various members of Gescom.

Guest wialenove

RADIO MIX features KEYNELL exclusive to release remix [4:50]

so tatally 8 rmxs:

1234: keynell 1/2/3/4 - keynell

56: keynell / keynell - keynell remixes

7: keynell rmxd by ae - this

8: keynell [remix] - radio mix

Guest ictr
RADIO MIX features KEYNELL exclusive to release remix [4:50]

so tatally 8 rmxs:

1234: keynell 1/2/3/4 - keynell

56: keynell / keynell - keynell remixes

7: keynell rmxd by ae - this

8: keynell [remix] - radio mix

Exactly !!!

• 10 months later...

It's the whole machinic beat mixed with lush synth thing, similar idea.

Also they were made around the same time I think.

Archived