IGNORED

2014: the year Ellen Page made scores of neckbeards cry out in psychic anguish

lumpenprol

I'm confused why these people feel the need to "come out" anyway. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

But if, as the LGBT people often say, what a person does in the bedroom is noone elses business, why the need to come out? Why didn't she just date whoever she wanted of whatever gender and live her life like most people?

i think it has something to do with inspiring other people to come out.

It must be pretty horrible living a lie

people should be free and feel free

That sounds fair. I think that can done without it being made so public though. Doesn't it perpetuate and make it more of an issue, when we should really be making differences in sexuality a norm?

Yeah totally, it doesn't have to be done so publicly. This could have flown under the radar like so many others before Ellen Page if she had done it discretely. There's little difference between this and George Michael coming out except George didn't stand there and lap up a standing ovation after he'd beat his salami infront of a cop. He was too busy being bundled into the back of a police van.

Both headline grabbing ways of coming who is to deem which is more acceptable?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing is, it doesnt really matter if homosexuality is inherent or not, i mean it shouldnt matter cause the truth is those ppl really feel the way they feel with all problems they face in their daily lives + they are 60 times!!! more prone to depression or some other psychiatric disorders compare to non-gays and that propensity stays even if they came-out and life in non-aggressive respectful environment, but the number is smaller of course. THOSE are the real problems!

if something is inherent or not doesnt have to do whit the question whether it has to be medically treated or not (cause that's what we're really dealing with here) ...cause even if it is, it still doesnt have to mean anything, believe it or not.

Guest fiznuthian

Btw I live in a very accepting culture and community where this is basically a non-issue. I know openly gay people and it's a complete non-topic of conversation when I'm with them so maybe that colours my perception I don't know?

Pretty much this.

When I was going through early school (in Virginia, really?), people who were gay were openly ridiculed and talked about in negative light by a majority of kids. There were times when this became violent when a redneck teenager decided to bully or harass a gay student. Usually it's because Christian denominations are popular here still (especially southern baptists), and their families teach them that it's written in scripture as a sin. I think some probably grew out of the idea as they aged, especially as American culture has changed a little over the years.

The mentality isn't necessarily hateful all of the time. People will say things like "I don't hate gay people, but according to [biblical reference] it's a sin and I don't think it's right". Anti-gay marriage bumper stickers are common here too. To this day I still see them on people's cars. They look like this:

Tzw9QRf.jpg

So inevitably gay people do not feel comfortable here.

Do you know why some people don't get hangover no matter how much alcohol they drink? One thing that changed my life was when I got so drunk I passed out and fell forward and hit my head on the edge of a coffee table. I passed out for 30min according to my friends, and that's why I learned alcohol can be very dangerous.

I'm pro gay marriage, pro Ellen Page, etc. If you look at her imdb board lately it's just chock full of comments that would drive gay people up the wall. All the people who talk about them like they're another species... I wonder what it would take for them to realize they are at least a little bisexual.

i learned how to ride a bisexual when I was young. They say you never forget

was it a family member that taught you?

har har

But isn't that the opposite of what gay and lesbians would prefer, instead they seem to go for the argument that it's not social but inherent in their biology. Which to me has long been the most reasonable suggestion, and one now being supported by science. So given this, why would it be part of the gay agenda to sponsor gender theory?

what's supported by science? link plz!

btw...all of the major 'inherent' theories are proven to be frauds (or at least not scientifically proved).

!!! imagine university professors lying about something important like this. some of them even admitted latter but they didnt had to...it was clear as a days even to 1st grade medical students. all of their 'proves' past easily within non-medical profession communities tho.

There as been some research on birth order affecting the rate of homosexuality among males.

yeah it's pretty interesting. 7th son of a 7th son would be gay or a werewolf lol wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_son_of_a_seventh_son

so they knew if would be a super rare occurrence for the 7th son to have kids, especially 7. crazy what they knew back then.

She was dating the actor Alexander Skarsgard up until very recently. How could she treat the guy this way? And people are praising her bravery? There's only a couple of people who've stayed longer in the closet, George Michael and Lionel Blair.

I really thought she milked that applause, standing ovation. It's like ''Dang dawg, Alexander Skarsgard's feelin like shit right now, couldn't you have done this before now? You're like 30''

Stop playin games with peoples hearts, you little butt wipe.

uhhh it was likely a mutually beneficial relationship....

Did someone just basically say poor Alexander Skarsgard? Is that actually a thing someone has said, ever?

Maybe cylob was right about this place after all.

Did someone just basically say poor Alexander Skarsgard? Is that actually a thing someone has said, ever?Maybe cylob was right about this place after all.
wait, didn't he just say we were homophobic? How does this play into that... btw my opinion is the huggy Alex Skarsgard pics were purely to drum up publicity for the East. Which makes Ellen Page quite the savvy little opportunist, imo. Hence my opinion of her as basically a calculating and calculated type of personality. Though feel free to dump all the responsibility for that on their publicist(s). Those pics are worth looking at just to chuckle at Page's uncomfortable expression, though. alexander-skarsgard-and-ellen-page.jpgarticle-2338782-1A0B47CA000005DC-370_634 So pinched compared to say vbluqZi.jpg

Ellen Page: I first met Drew at the Chateau Marmont. And it was a surreal moment for me in my life. You could just feel her warmth and kindness immediately, and the way she carried herself was just so grounded. So then it was like, "Oh, this is going to be great." And then it went into, "Oh, my God, I'm really crazy about this person." It just grew and grew and grew and grew and grew.Drew Barrymore: We didn't know each other at first, but there was no other person I was going to make the movie with. [...] When Ellen and I had conflicts, that only deepened our friendship more, because we cared. That's what real friendship is. It's not niceties. It's like, we're in the trenches together, we're having a rough day, we're going to get through it—let's fucking go!EP: I know this is a cheesy thing to say, but it was magic. And seeing how Drew has established community and friends, L.A. has become ... well, I like being in L.A. now. I'm so grateful to this girl. I love her. [...]DB: I also love using music to set a mood. We both started almost crying at the [MC] cover shoot when we were listening to Kings of Leon. [sings] Use somebody. Someone like youuuu. It makes you emotional, you know? You're just standing there doing a shoot with someone you love, celebrating this thing that you shared. [...]EP: She's just so fucking good at [photo shoots]. I didn't really play dress up when I was a kid, and I'm really T-shirt and jeans-y. But I think I'm getting way better at these things. I've been having more fun with it, and I owe that to Drew. Just being able to tap into more of a sensuous side or something. It felt good.DB: On the movie, we'd do our costume fittings together and just talk about how to be comfortable with your body. I'd basically chase her around and say, "If you don't mind doing this scene in your underwear—and keep those black socks on—I'd love it." That's more real: When you spend the night with girlfriends, you're going to wake up in your undies and socks.EP: That was cut from the movie, though, wasn't it?DB: It was, it was. But also in the locker room wearing those tiny little outfits. Ellen has such a beautiful body, and I personally battled with my own body image for years. I used to tell myself, You can't wear anything sleeveless or strapless. And all of a sudden I was like, What if I just didn't send such negative messages to my brain and said, wear it and enjoy it? And now I'm more comfortable in clothes than ever.EP: That openness. It's so sexy.DB: She was in her frickin' bra with an open jacket and hot-pink shorts, skating around the rink with red lips and ...EP: I was having a really good time.DB: ... and she was sexy as a mother ... a feral creature. It was great. And it's so screwed up for girls to think, Oh, because I don't have that cookie-cutter model body, it must mean I don't have the right body shape. And I love model bodies, but I just want women to embrace several body shapes. That's the thing I love about derby. It's really welcoming.
oh, also I assume this means Skarsgard is gay too? Would seem logical.

But isn't that the opposite of what gay and lesbians would prefer, instead they seem to go for the argument that it's not social but inherent in their biology. Which to me has long been the most reasonable suggestion, and one now being supported by science. So given this, why would it be part of the gay agenda to sponsor gender theory?

what's supported by science? link plz!

btw...all of the major 'inherent' theories are proven to be frauds (or at least not scientifically proved).

!!! imagine university professors lying about something important like this. some of them even admitted latter but they didnt had to...it was clear as a days even to 1st grade medical students. all of their 'proves' past easily within non-medical profession communities tho.

There as been some research on birth order affecting the rate of homosexuality among males.

yeah it's pretty interesting. 7th son of a 7th son would be gay or a werewolf lol wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_son_of_a_seventh_son

so they knew if would be a super rare occurrence for the 7th son to have kids, especially 7. crazy what they knew back then.

You have not been here long enough to be so sarcastic. Read the rules.

In reference to this thread; Why the fuck is this conversation even happening? Seriously, wtf is wrong with you people?

haha, boredom? starfucking? homophobia? take your pick.

No, all the basement dwelling ignorant shit. not the celebrity shit. it makes me feel gross being here when these retarded conversations come up in 2014.

No, all the basement dwelling ignorant shit. not the celebrity shit. it makes me feel gross being here when these retarded conversations come up in 2014.

which basement dwelling ignorant shit?

It was only a few days ago I read a study talking about how they had identified a few genes for homosexuality in men, that account for 40% of the "gayness" factor, the remaining 60% apparently being environment/nurture. But they have not (yet) found corresponding genes for women. It also claimed that the chance that any given son is gay goes up by something like 30% the further in lineage he is (so second son has a 30% more chance of being gay than the first, the third a 30% more chance of being gay than the second, etc).

I have no idea if this study was biased, flawed, or had something to it. But are you saying these studies shouldn't even be done? I think it's interesting.

wowza. Now I wanna be a lesbian.

*buys sex changer with allowance*

*experiences cognitive dissonance after getting a wonky vagina made by a gay surgeon*

*buys un-sex changer with allowance*

*experiences cognitive dissonance after getting a wonky penis made by a lesbian surgeon*

*turns into a kangaroo instead, gives inspiring speech*

which basement dwelling ignorant shit?

It was only a few days ago I read a study talking about how they had identified a few genes for homosexuality in men, that account for 40% of the "gayness" factor, the remaining 60% apparently being environment/nurture. But they have not (yet) found corresponding genes for women. It also claimed that the chance that any given son is gay goes up by something like 30% the further in lineage he is (so second son has a 30% more chance of being gay than the first, the third a 30% more chance of being gay than the second, etc).

I have no idea if this study was biased, flawed, or had something to it. But are you saying these studies shouldn't even be done? I think it's interesting.

Yeah, I referenced the birth order thing, and it supposedly had to do with only 20% of gay males or so. It's pretty shaky stuff. Regardless, it's fucking easily observable that some people are just born gay(at least a proclivity for being so). It's a silly conversation if you ask me. It puts the emphasis in the wrong place. Biology is not a necessity to prove legitimacy. Even then I'm pretty sure you can force sexual fluidity on anyone given the right circumstances. (see prison)These gender identity things are a big joke. I'm not really talking about the science regarding it all though. It's the fucking ignorant posts coming out of the assholes who downplay the struggles of the groups challenging the status quo. Everyone in this thread that is questioning the struggle needs to realize that you're a fucking asshole. Complaining about someone coming out in support of that struggle makes you ignorant asshole. You need to spend some time reflecting on others. Meditate on it or some shit.

If I was a Famous, being badgered by idiots with cameras and microphones and too much time on their hands, I'd make it huge public, too.

That way, when they come running up to me while I'm grocery shopping to ask "Would you like to address the rumors that you are a(n) {insert LGBTQQXAR2-D2}?", I can say, "Fuck off, I already did this. Nice shoes, btw."

Well, if you think gay marriage and gender theory are wrong and bad, I can understand why you'd think gay people are just the worst. But from my point of view you're an asshole.

explain your point of view. by the way, i never said i thought gay marriage and gender theory are "bad" or "wrong". you guys didn't get my point.

what bothers me about those is that the people were not consulted before the government made those reforms. the ministers have to lie about the teaching of the gender theory, they're denying this program even exists by using euphemisms, when the proofs are available to all.

the same government couldn't care less about the massive protests against gay marriage and the media pretend this popular movement is being motivated by homophobia, when that's a big lie, and when to me, the core of the problem is the undemocratic functioning of a so-called democracy.

to sum up, from my point of view, the situation in frogland is pretty surreal.

I don't understand. What is an anti-gay marriage protest if not homophobic?

Why would the government feel they have to lie about teaching gender theory, if not for mass homophobia?

Archived