IGNORED

2014: the year Ellen Page made scores of neckbeards cry out in psychic anguish

lumpenprol

...by announcing she's gay. Millions of dreams of incepting her with their enhanced dream cocks dashed. Or maybe it's just me :emotawesomepm9:

http://youtu.be/1hlCEIUATzg?t=5m14s

(actually I've always found her slightly annoying, especially the way she got pissed at Naughty Dog over "stealing her likeness", but she does have a remarkably round forehead and smooth skin)

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in this day and age it's possible to have a MtF (male to female) transition, so who knows what their love/obsession might drive them to.

I always deemed this very possible, and I applaud her speech.

honestly tho super made me kind of uncomfortable. It makes itself out to be this quirky indie comedy, but then you've got

protagonist beats two people to death with a wrench for being rude to him scene

ellen page rapes a man scene

ellen page gets her face blown off with a shotgun scene

and at the end i was like "well that was that"

honestly tho super made me kind of uncomfortable. It makes itself out to be this quirky indie comedy, but then you've got

Should I watch it?

sounds rough

Should I watch it?

sounds rough

yes, I quite liked it. It's dark and funny in a uniquely American way, like a Troma film (well, I haven't watched one since I was like 13, but at least how I remember them). Some uncomfortable lols, but good lols nonetheless

though it took her 5 minutes to get to the point, she at least did a vastly better job than Jodie Foster. If she wasn't an actress she'd be a great politician. Despite the vocal quavers and shaking arm (which I felt were somewhat affected anyway), she was very cool and composed. Didn't say "um" once. She's pretty hardcore.

Edit: also, can anyone think of any very sensual acting lesbians? All the lesbians I can think of seem to have a core of hardness or coldness about them.

In a sidenote, I was reading today about how they have figured out some of the genes for gayness (that apparently account for 40% of whether or not you turn out gay), but did not find anything for women. It's always been one of my lazy pet theories that homosexuality in men strikes me as much more natural than in women (and I think there's a sizable contingent of gay women who are gay due to childhood abuse). As said this is a lazy theory so I don't really put stock in it and would be fine if they found a strong biological basis for female homosexuality, it's just interesting food for speculation.

Archived