IGNORED

World Cup 2014

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

good lord the England defense is awful. You know you're in dire straits when Glen Johnson is the most reliable defender you have...

This and only this. Nothing else matters.

Oh wait. I forgot one other thing. Rooney and Sturridge finishing. Egads.

Bye, England.

One has to admit, however it pains them to do so: Gerrard's flick on to Suarez was absolutely sublime. He put it right on his boot in the middle of a scorching run. Joe Hart had less than no chance.

Guest Mirezzi

Here's a bit of a strange possibility though, and it's not even a total long shot:

Italy beats Costa Rica. Uruguay loses to Italy. England smokes Costa Rica. England will go through with Italy.

good lord the England defense is awful. You know you're in dire straits when Glen Johnson is the most reliable defender you have...

This and only this. Nothing else matters.

Oh wait. I forgot one other thing. Rooney and Sturridge finishing. Egads.

Bye, England.

One has to admit, however it pains them to do so: Gerrard's flick on to Suarez was absolutely sublime. He put it right on his boot in the middle of a scorching run. Joe Hart had less than no chance.

I think Rooney was alright and Sturridge was below average today. Rooney's free kick in the first half was tantalizingly close. I thought he would go on a bit of a rampage after he scored, but oh well.

Woy's 1950's-esque tactics didn't help any either.

Here's a bit of a strange possibility though, and it's not even a total long shot:

Italy beats Costa Rica. Uruguay loses to Italy. England smokes Costa Rica. England will go through with Italy.

Doesn't england have to win 4-0 or something like that against Costa Rica?

This is the starting line-up I'd like to see against Costa Rica.

-----------Hart-----------

Johnson-Jones-Smalling-Shaw

Sterling-Ox-Wilshere-Lallana

------Sturridge-Wellbeck-----

Jones can play in front of the back 3, and then let the young kids do their thing. At least it would be exciting.

Hart is only in by default. I'd rather have Peter Shilton.

The key here was Henderson, Roy limited henderson by playing him as a defensive midfielder, he wasnt allow to make those great runs he makes for liverpool.

Gerrard was a was a waste of space, england should have started with milner playing defensive midfield, henderson and wilshire as more advance midfield, the front 3 should have been llalana, stturidge and sterling.

Except Milner is a terrible DM....

Sterling was actually poor today - held on to the ball far too much against a quick pressing Uruguyan team.

You know- mathematically speaking, Greece could still go through....imagine if they score the first goal against Ivory Coast!!!

in the absent of carrick, milner will do the job. My reasoning is that milner will break up play and make simple passes to both henderson and wilshere (or barkley, altho he was awful). England arent blessed with great midfielders, they are better off setting up like uruguay did, having a player whos only job is to break up play and make the simplest of passes to the more forward midfielders (instead of having a gerrard/henderson partnership thinking they are bousquets/iniesta)

Fair enough, although I would prefer Milner and Rooney then...I still think Rooney can be extremely dangerous with the right motivation, namely a manager who inspires confidence.

Agreed on the tactical situation. Although biscuits/iniesta did fuck all this World Cup.

I know people give Rooney a lot of hate, and I traditionally do as well, but he was the best player on the pitch last night (for England, obviously). He covered a lot of ground, was always where he needed to be and generally put in the effort that he hasn't really seemed to put in in previous tournaments. Henderson was a shambles. Stirling wasn't up to much either. Think Barkley should have been brought on earlier.. Ah whatever. I suppose England are still in it, but not really. We were never going to amount to much this tournament and everybody knew it so I can't act like it was a surprise!

I'm loving this world cup though, it's been fucking exciting. I've been getting annoyed with English cunts who are saying they can't get into it because we're not going to do well. We're never going to fucking do well! Not with the state of English talent as it is. Just enjoy a fucking tourney that only pops up once every four years!

Too many scousers in the team. England only do well in tournaments with a strong Geordie presence. 66 Charltons, 86 Beardsley and Robson, 90 Gazza, 96 Shearer. Scousers are feckless bottlers by nature.

Guest Mirezzi

Too many scousers in the team. England only do well in tournaments with a strong Geordie presence. 66 Charltons, 86 Beardsley and Robson, 90 Gazza, 96 Shearer. Scousers are feckless bottlers by nature.

It had to be said.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm really surprised Italy started Buffon. If that dude has so much as a hint of an injury, what's the point? Sirigu was a more than adequate replacement.

Pirlo so close fuck I can't bieve I'm reduced to cheering for you cunts.

Sirigu is more than adequate, he Is arguably better than Buffon now.

Guest Roksen Creek

Wow, I really did put the kiss of death on europe. Americas bossing this now. This is why I don't gamble!

Fair play to them, playing with a lot of heart and coping with conditions better (so far).

Archived