IGNORED

Clean vinyl records with WOOD GLUE

JS20

Brilliant! Spread a layer of Durabond II wood glue on record, smooth it out, let it dry and peel off the sheet of glue.

It works so well getting into the grooves and grabbing foreign contaminants, you can actually play back the glue sheet on a turntable. The glue actually sounds decent, and many of the clicks or pops you hear from the glue was a piece of material that was removed from the vinyl.

lol

I'll let some of you guys try it first before dumping solvents all over my valuable vinyls :cerious::cerious:

I never listen to it because it's in such bad condition.. if it's just dirty then it'll prove useful. Besides, I already clean my records with isopropyl alcohol; why would another solvent be any different?

lol

I'll let some of you guys try it first before dumping solvents all over my valuable vinyls :cerious::cerious:

There's a massive thread about this on Audio Karma, general consensus is it works beautifully. The main risk is using too much or too little and not being able to peel it off cleanly.

lol

I never listen to it because it's in such bad condition.. if it's just dirty then it'll prove useful. Besides, I already clean my records with isopropyl alcohol; why would another solvent be any different?

you use ISO to clean your records?

Well that's smart! Because polyvinyl chloride isn`t alcohol soluble.

However there are a bunch of different solvents in wood glue and each company`s wood glue varies slightly in terms of ingredients and proportions of said ingredients.

Maybe I will try it someday but Ill be skeptical for now.

Yeah, like I said though, the surface noise on my (black) copy of SAW2 is unbearable. So even if I screw it up somewhat, it won't really be too much of a loss. Shouldn't have got the cheapest one for sale on discogs, lol :facepalm:

lol

If it's the brown pressing of SAW II then no amount of cleaning will fix the sound; it is a famously terrible sounding vinyl record set. The best thing to do with it is sell it and source out the black vinyl pressing.

EDIT: Oops, I see that you JUST posted that your copy is black. It sounds dreadful as well? O_o

Yeah, it's just in really bad condition. Kinda sucks! Maybe one day I'll buy another copy.. unless this wood glue thing works, hahah

Guest bitroast

I'll happily try this. Have a few records that sound like shit and could go a clean. I've got bunged up copies of XTC's Black Sea and Japan's gentlemen take Polaroids that I got for a few dollars each and would be perfect for testing :)

Guest bitroast

I need to buy wood glue first.

Went to supermarket and asked if they had any. Lady took me to the stationary section, showed me a packet of super glue and shrugged. Then tried Tony's Hardwares, asked for wood glue and they said they only had the small packets. Showed me where the small packets were supposed to be and told me they were out of the small packets too.

theoretically the same principle would apply if you used cum right? like semen?

it's just that I was thinking it would be cool to use cum or semen to clean your records.

especially like if your friend came over and put on your freshly cleaned copy of rushup edge and in your head you're just like "fucking pwn."

Guest bitroast

I asked a gentleman at my supermarket if they had any semen cum and he said he had to check out back to check if they had any. Came back ten minutes later, showed me a packet of super glue and shrugged.

Archived