IGNORED

Clean vinyl records with WOOD GLUE

JS20

The correct NON-cum glue to use is Franklin Titebond II Wood Glue

http://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=2ef3e95d-48d2-43bc-8e1b-217a38930fa2

The MSDS shows that it is a polyvinyl acetate with an aluminum chloride catalyst for curing and moisture resistance. PVA is a thermoplastic compound that is made of PVC and polyvinyl alcohol, so I highly doubt this particular glue formula could have any negative effects on a PVC record since the main ingredient is PVC.

http://www.franklininternational.com/msds/5002.01o70fao0020.pdf

I will try both.

Cum I can buy I suppose at the supermarket?

Ah I just heard a co-worker saying here that you can make cum easily your self. Wood glue is a different story.

Cartman: I got the Sea Men
Kyle: Wow, that's a lot of sea men you got there, Cartman!
Cartman: Yea, I bought all that I could at this bank and then I got the rest from this guy Ralph in an alley.
Stan: That's cool!
Cartman: Yea, and the sweet thing is, the stupid asshole didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck it out of a hose...

I will try both.

Cum I can buy I suppose at the supermarket?

Ah I just heard a co-worker saying here that you can make cum easily your self. Wood glue is a different story.

Cartman: I got the Sea Men
Kyle: Wow, that's a lot of sea men you got there, Cartman!
Cartman: Yea, I bought all that I could at this bank and then I got the rest from this guy Ralph in an alley.
Stan: That's cool!
Cartman: Yea, and the sweet thing is, the stupid asshole didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck it out of a hose...

lol - An ode to South Park.

• 3 weeks later...

Glue trick works! I tried it on my copy of David Sylvian's album Gone to Earth and it fixed the parts where it skips. Still a bit of surface noise but not as bad as before. :emotawesomepm9:

Cool, gonna try your SAWII next? My dad (frequent audiokarma visitor) has cleaned 7 records with this method since my OP, he says it works like a charm every time. Just don't go too thin or you'll have a hard time getting the sheet to peel off in one piece.

Cool, gonna try your SAWII next? My dad (frequent audiokarma visitor) has cleaned 7 records with this method since my OP, he says it works like a charm every time. Just don't go too thin or you'll have a hard time getting the sheet to peel off in one piece.

Gonna do a couple others first (probably Spirit of Eden and a couple others) but yeah, will eventually get to it. A friend is borrowing it at the moment so will have to get it back first!

Yep, I did that too. The coating I used was pretty thin so it was a bit warpy, and didn't sound much like the original at all, so I sampled about 5 minutes of it and used it in a track :emotawesomepm9:

Guest bitroast

Yeppp ive tested it too and it works great.

My copy of Gentlemen take polaroids doesnt skip anymore and sounds super clear. Kate bush the dreaming has gone from noisy to clean. Xtc black sea record skipped and.. still skips.

Another record tested (frorget name) skips. Applied a layer of glue and it was pretty thin. Most got off but a bit around the outer edge is still there and its so thin its kinda tricky to get off : s

So im still not super confident with the procedure but can confirm that it works if done right. Still too scared to try it with more expensive / rarer type records that need cleaning

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

If the layer of glue you put on is too thin and it's difficult to get off in one piece just add another layer on top and let it dry. Hey presto.

Guest bitroast

If the layer of glue you put on is too thin and it's difficult to get off in one piece just add another layer on top and let it dry. Hey presto.

Yeah im gonna test that i think !

Have just been a bit lazy recently with it recently. Its such a time consuming process (the drying bit) its hard to find a good rhythm with it (or lol maybe im just lazy)

Guest bitroast

It'll be easier in summer!

true. although, I have ducted heating in this house and its the type where the vents are in the roof.

ive been able to position the gooey records below the areas where warm air is being pumped out in effort to speed up the drying :duckhunt:

but it still takes forever :cisfor:

For those who've tried it (and had success), did you look for any specific brand of glue or just use any old wood glue?

Just PVA glue in general seems to work. I'm not sure if 'wood glue' is different to the 'craft glue' I've been buying, but I assume they're the same.

For those who've tried it (and had success), did you look for any specific brand of glue or just use any old wood glue?

Not sure if this is available in your area, but I'm sure there's a chemically-equivalent product for you. Franklin Titebond II might also be sold under a different brand name in countries outside the US.

http://www.titebond....1b-217a38930fa2

The MSDS shows that it is a polyvinyl acetate with an aluminum chloride catalyst for curing and moisture resistance. PVA is a thermoplastic compound that is made of PVC and polyvinyl alcohol, so I highly doubt this particular glue formula could have any negative effects on a PVC record since the main ingredient is PVC.

http://www.franklini...1o70fao0020.pdf

Archived