IGNORED

some guy makes analord soundalikes on korg ds-10

Ragnar

lol, your delusion is also subjective to the observer. /hands you napolean outfit.

heh, btw i'm not in the angry wasp camp, i'm in the sidelines don't care for it but don't object camp. As evidenced by my earlier post. /dleet tries valiantly to redirect some ire.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, your delusion is also subjective to the observer. /hands you napolean outfit.

heh, btw i'm not in the angry wasp camp, i'm in the sidelines don't care for it but don't object camp. As evidenced by my earlier post. /dleet tries valiantly to redirect some ire.

I'm in the "that's kinda cool" camp.

I just don't understand how people can slam this guy down as being a rip off, and then praise Trackermatte as the new WATMM darling.

It's on another planet of sound. You can't compare the two man.

Quality is the difference.

bollocks.

quality is subjective.

this is classic WATMM at play.

Lol, did I say which one is better? No.

I said that vague ambiguous statement to get a classic WATMM reaction out of you. Of course it's subjective.

You're the classic watmm at this point, son -- It's a self perpetuating cycle of self-loathing and endless circle-jerks of splitting hairs and opinions -

It's meta as fuck!

:emotawesomepm9:

I just don't understand how people can slam this guy down as being a rip off, and then praise Trackermatte as the new WATMM darling.

I don't see the hate either, don't see it, were people hating ? And making artwork similar is clearly as a joke. It's just some dude doing some stuff, stuff that's probably in some cases a pain to program using that device and software. Not like he's sitting on a couch on an hill overlooking gaza cheering every time a palestinian orphanage gets blown up.

It's on another planet of sound. You can't compare the two man.

Quality is the difference.

bollocks.

quality is subjective.

this is classic WATMM at play.

Lol, did I say which one is better? No.

I said that vague ambiguous statement to get a classic WATMM reaction out of you. Of course it's subjective.

You're the classic watmm at this point, son -- It's a self perpetuating cycle of self-loathing and endless circle-jerks of splitting hairs and opinions -

It's meta as fuck!

:emotawesomepm9:

osci is the man he strives to rail against. ;-p [-; Would buy him a beer any day of the week, then i can tell him all the unfortunate observations that i have about my own failings, which would not be a short list, however given my disconnectness to genuine self loating, i'm sure that it would be an entertaining rather than sombre rant. And perhaps by the end of it, osci (who is right here reading this wondering why the hell i'm talking past him, omg watmm !!) will open up about his self doubts and how much they really don't matter in the scheme of things, and how pride and ego are the parts of your character that don't get shouted beer.

Thank you for posting that.

Nothing against any of the dudes behind this stuff, but yeah...

Would be interesting to hear these tracks on real MS gear - it was amazing to hear the difference between Korg's software emulations and the real deal. I wouldn't touch the emulations at all now, too much love for the actual synths I guess.

Perhaps just a little too derivative

I disagree that being derivative is what's wrong with these tracks. I just don't think they are very good. On the flipside, Beatwife is super derivative of AFX... (even with the whole Lord Cornwallis thing...), but his music sounds great.

You know what's really boring about these discussions? The people who are unable to separate the work from the maker. Calling someone a hater because they pointed out flaws in the work isn't constructive. I promise it doesn't matter if someone on WATMM thinks your best buddy's music sucks.

i'm just saying respect the guy who obviously respects the songs he's covering, as his reworks stay true to the originals... so, the machine he used to replicate the sounds isn't the best. maybe he wanted to hear what his favorite track sounded like in a lower medium. turns out, pretty dope...

Perhaps just a little too derivative

I disagree that being derivative is what's wrong with these tracks. I just don't think they are very good. On the flipside, Beatwife is super derivative of AFX... (even with the whole Lord Cornwallis thing...), but his music sounds great.

Fair comment

Usually when I hear stuff like this I like it ok, but it makes me feel like what I imagine a woman feels when she is brought close to climax and not made to cum.

• 5 months later...

Archived