IGNORED

aphex twin special on studio brussel

Ivan Ooze

so there is was an afx special on studio brussel radio

there was a phonecall with Godfried who designed hat and the snare bot and the dude from oor magazine who interviewed him

they also made an interesting call with the boss of R&S records who said he wasn't following Richardo Boss anymore but recently got contacted by him to talk about some stuff he's not allowed to say yet

giphy.gif

NEW SHIT ON R&S IS IMMINENT

Wow, really? I want to hear that! Is that already available? Would love a recording of this.

there was a phonecall with Godfried who designed hat and the snare bot and the dude from oor magazine who interviewed him

they also made an interesting call with the boss of R&S records who said he wasn't following Richardo Boss anymore but recently got contacted by him to talk about some stuff he's not allowed to say yet

giphy.gif

Is it on now, or was it on? :emotawesomepm9:

R&S stuff sounds like SAW 85-92 period stuff...

if anyone wants to see Godfried, the guy who made and sold the HAT Robot thing to Richard, dance in the nude to control a robot orchestra, click following link:

NSFW, unless you work in a place where people dont give you any glances when you're looking at old bearded skinny hippie guy dance in the nude to control a robot orchestra

Oh are they finally re-releasing Selected Ambient Works 85-92? About time.

They already did loads of times. A few months ago they did a real good job at a vinyl reissue (not that ugly bootleg, just an exact repress of the original). If Richard contacted Renaat, considering his attempts to compile older stuff (while saying he has loads of tracks from the SAW 85-92 period), well... connect the dots.

I'll not translate every sentence in this interview, but I could give a summary of what's said (next to what Ivan already said).

You can listen to it here: http://apps.vrt.be/radioplayer/player.html?channel=41&ondemand=41_41slec.xml

if anyone wants to see Godfried, the guy who made and sold the HAT Robot thing to Richard, dance in the nude to control a robot orchestra, click following link:

NSFW, unless you work in a place where people dont give you any glances when you're looking at old bearded skinny hippie guy dance in the nude to control a robot orchestra

HOLY SHIT that is one fucking awesome dude!

giphy.gif

More like "R&S riding the SYRO/WARP hype train is imminent"...

giphy.gif

This sounds more realistic, wouldn't be the first time that R&S does something like that.

giphy.gif

This sounds more realistic, wouldn't be the first time that R&S does something like that.

Exactly - why would he say he's not really following Richard anymore, but then say there's stuff he can't talk about...

HOLY SHIT that is one fucking awesome dude!

yeah, he makes all those things himself as far as i'm aware

here's the website of his foundation

NSFW because theres pictures of nude people dancing=> http://logosfoundation.org/

if you click on Logos Robot Orchestra > About Robot Orchestra, theres a little vid of him talking in English about his machines

and here is their youtube => https://www.youtube.com/user/logosfoundation/

I have sent out an email to Studio Brussel asking for this recording, no reply yet. If anyone knows how to rip that show, please let me know :)

if you're on a mac you could use audacity and sound flower, basically set your output sounds to soundflower in mac settings and in audacity set soundflower as the record in device and play the program.

I have sent out an email to Studio Brussel asking for this recording, no reply yet. If anyone knows how to rip that show, please let me know :)

if you're on a mac you could use audacity and sound flower, basically set your output sounds to soundflower in mac settings and in audacity set soundflower as the record in device and play the program.

I'll try this if I won't hear from the station! Thanks :)

Here you go :) snatched the source file...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ibk0l4

or Audio Recorder Wizard or some shit like that

Here you go :) snatched the source file...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ibk0l4

No idea how you did that, I tried to figure that out but couldn't work it out, but a massive thank you is in place :) saved me hours of work!

So the Dutch also paid some attention to Syro with a small radio segment (6 minutes long) in which they interviewed two people: the Dutch journalist from Oor interviewing Richard (just like the Belgian special) and one of my favourite radio dj's, Bob Rusche (from X-Rated). Worth a listen:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2014/The-Bigger-Picture/The-Bigger-Picture--de-terugkeer-van-Aphex-Twin.html

Archived