IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DISKPREPT1 :music:

Really lovely EP, waay more funk than expected and great atmosphere. Definitely one for headphones I'd say. I love how the last track builds and builds into this bathtub full of warm lushness and then just knocks out, kept me playing the EP over and over again today :) next step is trying it on 45 rpm and combining it with Syro!

The last track is the most autechre-sounding aphex twin song i think i have ever heard... MAybe not.. I don't know the whole thing is pretty amaZzzing ..

aaargh, can't wait to hear it.. gonna go to JB hifi tonight and see if they've slipped up and stocked it already heh

Guest bitroast

Only if the leaked release came from Eva Braun...

Ba dum Tschhhh !

If i had the hat machine this is probably the first thing i'd get it to play.

hat5c 0001 re4 is fantastic sounds kinda sounds like the theme tune to bullett, a car chase or a detective sneaking away once he discovers a fridge has no beers... arguably aphex's most mature wrk john cageian style?

hat5c 0001 re4 is fantastic sounds kinda sounds like the theme tune to bullett, a car chase or a detective sneaking away once he discovers a fridge has no beers... arguably aphex's most mature wrk john cageian style?

What makes a work mature?

Guest bitroast

the drum work in hat5c and some of the other tracks are so good. I feel like him constantly dealing with breaks and editing/filtering them etc. has given him a bit of insight into what makes a good 'break'. using the toms or whatever they are as an added boom bass hit is perfecto ~!

cheese, but will answer that tomorrow/later today lo,

yeah you can tell what gear was used from the titles alone

'snar2' is obviously the snar2 robot

any track with 'hat' in the title is referring to the hat (hit any thing) robot

any track with 'disk' is referring to his disklavier piano

Guest bitroast

yeah you can tell what gear was used from the titles alone

'snar2' is obviously the snar2 robot

any track with 'hat' in the title is referring to the hat (hit any thing) robot

any track with 'disk' is referring to his disklavier piano

disk + prep = prepared piano (ie. placing objects on piano strings to create different tones/percussive noises).

Guest LoveRhino

I have an unopened bottle of swanky, locally brewed rum I bought two years ago. I think that makes me mature ... Maybe just old.

Did not get a Lalo Schifrim vibe from it but as I'm somewhat of a fan I'll relisten and try and ... Oh, hang on. The track you are talking about just came on. Yep. Definitely a bullet, 70s cop show killer on the prowl show down on little Italy vibe going on. A friend made a fake 1970s cop show soundtrack 15 years ago. Been trying to get him to put it out. It's fantastic.

Did not get a Lalo Schifrim vibe from it but as I'm somewhat of a fan I'll relisten and try and ... Oh, hang on.

beginning of this track?

i have the feeling this will be more surprising than Syro, some peeps wont get it probably,

seems it's some drum sample tool for IDM nerds and some demonstrations.

me likes

So Norman got them in for those who ordered over there. They did a good review as usual ( https://www.normanrecords.com/records/151496-aphex-twin-computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt2) but honestly, stop with the claim that he 'dropped out of music for 13 years' as some sort of stunt already.

Just counted the Analords, bonus Analords, the Tuss, AFX / LFO split, Smojphace, random tracks like Mangle 11, etc. It sums up to more than 11 hours of new music (not even counting CW LP or that unreleased tape) + countless DJ sets, the orchestra gigs, etc. Not even close to what I would call dropping out of music for 13 years.

Archived