IGNORED

Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator Synths

Joyrex

Another video.. this time sampling the 0-coast

pretty cool man. It was a bit frustrating because you kept making cool melodies but ended up not using them in the "song". :) also, video tip, turn off the auto focus on your camera... ;) appart from that, very entertaining :thumbsup:

This might sound like a dumb question but you only recorded middle c's right? All the tuning was made on the po after sampling am i right?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

video tip, turn off the auto focus on your camera... ;) appart from that, very entertaining :thumbsup:

This might sound like a dumb question but you only recorded middle c's right? All the tuning was made on the po after sampling am i right?

Unfortunately the camera I'm using (my girlfriend's Fujifilm X20) doesn't allow auto focus to be turned off for videos.. I've tried a few different methods but couldn't get it to lock, it's very annoying! I've got a DSLR on the way though which should hopefully solve those problems; if not, back to the old gopro/iphone setup I used for a few previous videos.

As for the notes, yeah, the PO-33 has a fixed scale, maybe close to a melodic minor? I'm not sure, it's an interesting scale. In addition, samples can be tuned so basically any notes are possible.

Good videos Modey! I didnt notice the camera auto focus stuff. Sampling a bunch of sounds quickly from a synth is a really clever use of the sampler.

Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Another video, a lunchtime jam in a park near work. Samples from Machinedrum, Monomachine, Nord Lead and some old tracks of mine.

• 3 months later...

Still loving these. I got the PO-35 for my birthday and am seriously considering getting the 32 as well, as I got a discount on microtonic for owning the 35. Microtonic is great! I'm already making some nice sounds with it, despite it being a bit limited (tbh, I love limitations).

I did a cover of Aquatic Ambience from Donkey Kong Country with the 33 and 35:

Archived