IGNORED

Earth Entering New Extinction Phase

BCM

@Jev

lolwut?

My children don't define my "purpose" in life (life doesn't have a purpose as far as I'm concerned). Thanks for playing though.

And you're no enemy of mine, although after your last post I do think you're quite rude, and if I knew you in real life I probably would choose not to spend time with you.

Anyhow, you clearly have a lot of pent-up anger that you are unable to let go of, have you tried some meditation and mindfulness? Maybe you'll achieve moksha.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

ChenGOD, incredibly selfish of you against your children. Who are you to decide if your kids existence is worth their suffering? To me, you feel like a frustrated being that needed a purpose in life and found it in children, pain and constant "I can withstand this" kind of attitude. A tough-like attitude basically that is so often found with soldiers and similar type of people not ready to accept that their whole suffering and sacrifice was completely and utterly pointless. That they just had a bad luck and that there is no justice on this world and instead of just accepting it and let it sink into them they become angry and "tough" ("difficult life is necessary" kind of bullshit). To me it seems as if your emotions were blocked and so it found a different way to filter itself out (a text book case in psychology and psychiatry, actually). It is also apparent from your attitude against me - as if I was your enemy or trouble for you, as if I was an obstacle in life for you. But this is just my opinion, nothing scientific of course.

I am truly sorry for your kids, because many depression-inflicting features are passed on them by genetics (just for your information). And to support this with something, I experienced a bit of a tough shit too in my life (almost died during birth, caused brain damage, difficult childhood, bullying, very difficult relationships within family) and one of my main reasons for not having kids is my knowledge that my potential kids would not benefit from my psyche at all and would probably inherit their part from it. It would be impossible for me to live with the knowledge that I am the reason they suffer. Kids truly are victims of their parents and everything bad that happens to them in their lives is, unfortunately, their parents fault.

You happily make decisions for others while I try my best to don't make decisions for anybody.

One of the most sickening things about life is that people tend to compensate their shit through others. Poor children.

wow, onto personal attacks then? i don't think chen was acting like you are an enemy or "an obstacle in life." in his last post, he was calmly discussing the topic with a personal anecdote. seriously, flip to page six and look. tell me what you're interpreting as personal attacks because i'm not seeing it there.

you're the one that's saying 1) he's selfish 2) he's frustrated 3) he's an emotionally stunted "tough guy" 4) he's bullying you 5) you're sorry for his kids 6) his kids are victims...

and then that great last line: "One of the most sickening things about life is that people tend to compensate their shit through others. Poor children." hmm, i wonder who you're referring to... like damn, so passive aggressive.

you know dude, if you bump into assholes once in a while, they're the assholes. if you feel like you're surrounded by assholes, you're probably the asshole. maybe that explains why you think all of life is suffering--because you're insufferable.

Here:

Man if only your parents could have thought the same way.

Luckily the antinatalists (if they truly believe in their schtick) will eventually take care of themselves.

I actually believe this was his passive-aggressive part against me. If not, I would like to hear an explanation from him.

you're the one that's saying 1) he's selfish 2) he's frustrated 3) he's an emotionally stunted "tough guy" 4) he's bullying you 5) you're sorry for his kids 6) his kids are victims...

1) Of course he is indeed selfish, because he is openly making decisions for others, without asking them in order to have purpose in his life and even deciding if their existence is worth their suffering. I can't believe you can't see it. A text-book selfishness in progress.

2) Yes, he seems to me to be frustrated. My observation and my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

3) Same as above.

4) Not bullying me at all (if you know what bullying is). Just being unpleasant (more in the quotes above).

5) Yes, I am sorry for his kids. I am sorry for all kids no matter the case.

6) Yes, indeed, his kids are victims, because all kids are victims no matter the case.

and then that great last line: "One of the most sickening things about life is that people tend to compensate their shit through others. Poor children." hmm, i wonder who you're referring to... like damn, so passive aggressive.

Yes, poor children having a father that is deciding that their existence is worth the suffering. I gave him examples of fucked up suffering stuff, which included rape, war, accidents. Yet he answered that it is worth it. That the kids should be glad to be existing even if they experience the shit. I consider this opinion to be an evidence of a pathological mentality. Sorry.

Guest WNS000

@Jev

lolwut?

My children don't define my "purpose" in life (life doesn't have a purpose as far as I'm concerned). Thanks for playing though.

And you're no enemy of mine, although after your last post I do think you're quite rude, and if I knew you in real life I probably would choose not to spend time with you.

Anyhow, you clearly have a lot of pent-up anger that you are unable to let go of, have you tried some meditation and mindfulness? Maybe you'll achieve moksha.

Sure. So why you have children then? And why you decide for them? And why you say that their suffering is worth their existence? If there is no purpose, why you keep doing it?

Guest WNS000

And to put you even more into the context, I have heard today about a girl in WW2 gang-raped by Gestapo while her father tried to kill himself witnessing the family being beaten. Both survived (the rest of the family killed) and both died of severe psychological traumas few years later. Yeah, definitely worth it. Not to mention that many people actually managed to breed even during the war...

The amount of general human stupidity coming from this single example is incomprehensible for me.

i feel jev's frustration to a certain extent, i think it has to do with where you live. When you live in a place where you have to deal with pieces of shits who were probably raised by pieces of shit and they keep reproducing continuing the cycle of pieces of shit...I mean, the other day i was at the supermarket behind some fat slob with 5 fucking fat children, how is that not selfish, you cant even take of your own body and then you bring 5 more kids to be poor and fat in a country that hates them.

Maybe if you live in a suburb where everybody is nice and the worst you get is some waspy housewive but i think if you expose yourself to some of the towns in the USA you would side with Jev a bit more.

That being said, live and let live i say (as long as everybody is respected and dont inflict harm on others [no duh]), who am i to judge who is a piece of shit, im probably one myself.

I do think its unhealthy to take Jev's point of view, its pretty bleak, life is shit but at least trick your brain into thinking its worth living, there are enough things to cheer your day that you dont have to be jaded ALL THE TIME.

Guest WNS000

I do think its unhealthy to take Jev's point of view, its pretty bleak, life is shit but at least trick your brain into thinking its worth living, there are enough things to cheer your day that you dont have to be jaded ALL THE TIME.

You can trick yourself however you please because that is your decision about yourself. The point is there is no reason why your offspring should need to trick themselves too...

(as long as everybody is respected and dont inflict harm on others [no duh])

Exactly. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Guest WNS000

When you live in a place where you have to deal with pieces of shits who were probably raised by pieces of shit and they keep reproducing continuing the cycle of pieces of shit..

Unfortunately, every single human being is basically a piece of shit to some extent because the basis for his existence is so fucked up. The whole evolution, the whole system it is based on leads to an inevitable piece of shit being with various quantity and ratios of shitty features. The life is a game, a competition (the whole history of life is based on this principle). And competition means you have to have an opponent. And having an opponent means there will be clashes in many shapes and forms between them. That is why we have shitty, evil and cunning features that helps us win the competition. Psychopathy is, according to some neurologists, an evolution strategy. I think that sums it all quite nicely...

The bit about antinatalists taking care of themselves meant that since they won't breed, the idea won't propagate. Nothing about you per se, other than you're an antinatalist.

I'm not frustrated about much. Some things about InDesign do tick me off though.

The potential joy that they will experience outweighs the potential suffering.

Look, some data - the world is actually a less violent place now than it ever has been. War, rape, violence in general is all way down. So I think my simplistic cost-benefit analysis is working out.

Why? Because of the experience that they will have. Just because you cannot find joy in life doesn't mean others can't.

And now I think you've insulted me enough. So I'll ask you kindly to stop.

Guest WNS000

Are you actually serious?

Can anybody here please give me an example of the biggest joy in life that would outweigh...let's say...a turkish-mafia torture with a india-iron-rod-through-vagina-to-stomach-style gang-rape as cherry on top? The victim would be an...mmmm, let me think...an 11 years old girl.

I am curiously awaiting your entries.

Can anybody here please give me an example of the biggest joy in life that would outweigh...let's say...a turkish-mafia torture with a india-iron-rod-through-vagina-to-stomach-style gang-rape as cherry on top? The victim would be an...mmmm, let me think...an 11 years old girl.

New AFX

Guest WNS000

1) The bit about antinatalists taking care of themselves meant that since they won't breed, the idea won't propagate. Nothing about you per se, other than you're an antinatalist.

2) I'm not frustrated about much. Some things about InDesign do tick me off though.

1) Thank you. I apologize for suspecting you of passive-aggressive behaviour against me.

2) So your depressions (that you have written about having) are not frustrating you? Are those depressions clinical depressions or "depressions"?

what in the holy hell is wrong with you

Wrong call. You should rather ask here:

Overcoming that, starting an initiative that lowers the rate of gang-rapes around the world, winning the Nobel Peace Prize, and then going on to do whatever else you dreamed of. Think of that Pakistani girl Malala as an actual example.

And if you bothered to read through the very brief articles I gave you, you'll find that those kinds of acts are decreasing in frequency. So the probability of experiencing that is becoming less, while the probability for experiencing something beautiful is increasing as the spread of beautiful music, art, recipes etc. is expanding due to the internet, and the possibility for beautiful experiences is increasing due to reduced barriers to travel.

I managed to overcome my clinical depression thanks to therapy and practicing mindfulness.

Guest WNS000

Overcoming that, starting an initiative that lowers the rate of gang-rapes around the world, winning the Nobel Peace Prize, and then going on to do whatever else you dreamed of. Think of that Pakistani girl Malala as an actual example.

And if you bothered to read through the very brief articles I gave you, you'll find that those kinds of acts are decreasing in frequency. So the probability of experiencing that is becoming less, while the probability for experiencing something beautiful is increasing as the spread of beautiful music, art, recipes etc. is expanding due to the internet, and the possibility for beautiful experiences is increasing due to reduced barriers to travel.

Man, you certainly deliver some incredible stuff to me. I honestly don't know if you are just joking or being serious. Like, really.

You want to "increase the probability for experiencing something beautiful" while there is a perfectly comfy, careless, peaceful, neutral non-existence waiting for you ANY-FUCKING-WAY?

W H Y ?

Guest WNS000

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was the right call actually. I mean, does joy not exist for you? If so, then I am extremely, very sorry to hear that.

And there's no need to be so rude to Chen - it's not like you're a part of his personal life or anything. I bet he does the best for his children in every possible way.

Man, he said the most incredibly incredible shit I have heard in this debate so far. The biggest fucking non-sense of them all. He said a sentence that, if the father of that 11 years old girl read it, would probably got him killed. And you are actually asking me what is wrong with me? I care about children. That's what is "wrong" with me.

And btw, that Pakistani girl is probably deeply religious. Not relevant for this debate at all.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Man, you certainly deliver some incredible stuff to me. I honestly don't know if you are just joking or being serious. Like, really.

You want to "increase the probability for experiencing something beautiful" while there is a perfectly comfy, careless, peaceful, neutral non-existence waiting for you ANY-FUCKING-WAY?

W H Y ?

At least it's an ethos dude

Your assumption that rape and murder is waiting around every corner does not match with reality, as I have pointed out.

Yes it exists, and yes it is a terrible tragedy when it happens. Does that mean that life is over and no joy can ever be found again?

I begin to wonder if maybe you are suffering from clinical depression - and this is not meant as an insult, but it seems you can find no positive things in life whatsoever. So if you are, I hope you can overcome it.

Do you honestly not know who Malala is? Why is someone who is deeply religious not relevant?

I'm not going to bother with the absurdity of non-existence being blissful.

Paradox: Jev's girlfriend loves his approach to non-existence so much, she demands to have his babies :cerious:

Fun, but luckily, she is on the same page as me.

Dinner dates must be fun

yes you probably don't actually don't do dinner dates, please don't be literal to my dumb joke

Guest WNS000

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was the right call actually. I mean, does joy not exist for you? If so, then I am extremely, very sorry to hear that.

And there's no need to be so rude to Chen - it's not like you're a part of his personal life or anything. I bet he does the best for his children in every possible way.

Man, he said the most incredibly incredible shit I have heard in this debate so far. The biggest fucking non-sense of them all. He said a sentence that, if the father of that 11 years old girl read it, would probably got him killed. And you are actually asking me what is wrong with me? I care about children. That's what is "wrong" with me.

And btw, that Pakistani girl is probably deeply religious. Not relevant for this debate at all.

So you're basically saying "no point, give up, die"?

woop how lively

you're the life of the party right here

WRI2QGm.gif

I don't mean this in a rude way or anything, but you sound really troubled, and if anything you could be doing so much more with your life instead of procrastinating over the arrival of death. Isn't that boring? How is that not boring waiting for the moment where we die and nothing happens? At all? I mean when you think about it, the chance that we're here by pure coincidence is AMAZING and in my opinion, you should do whatever makes you happy and want to continue life. And if we don't have a purpose, we make our own!

Yes, I get it, we're going to die soon. We don't have purpose to be here. Wow. Edgy. The edge is sharp. Although in a funny way, I don't understand how that wouldn't encourage you to make the most of your life really.

Sorry, man, you don't understand the topic at all. I give up discussing with you because you miss fundamental logic in your posts. Please do a bit more "research" of what non-existence really means so that you stop writing completely non-relevant points into the discussion. And this was also not meant in a rude way (like really).

Paradox: Jev's girlfriend loves his approach to non-existence so much, she demands to have his babies :cerious:

Fun, but luckily, she is on the same page as me.

Dinner dates must be fun

yes you probably don't actually don't do dinner dates, please don't be literal to a dumb joke

What is dinner dates, mate?

We are together for 9th year now, if that is interesting for you.

Archived