IGNORED

Earth Entering New Extinction Phase

BCM

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Entering" a mass extinction?... Hasn't this mass extinction supposedly been going on for like the last 100 years or so...

For a second I thought it was about math extinction. And that's when I realized I have a mental speech impediment. Which is yet a new way of saying "I am boomed!"

Guest WNS000

So, you don't care if you die today or 50 years later because you're going to die anyway?

No, because I am already born and because neurology.

What I say is that it is absolutely pointless to look in the relatively distant future and care about it. I don't care about mankind in the future after my death and about the planet in the future after my death because it would not matter to me. And if people stopped breeding like stupid, it would not matter to anybody. All I care about is just to make sure I won't bring a new life to this planet because that would be completely and utterly pointless. Simple as that.

I don't care about mankind in the future after my death and about the planet in the future after my death because it would not matter to me.

lol selfish cunt...i'd hope that you are quite a young fellow...i'm sure your viewpoint will change as you grow older and maybe have children.

^ again riding the high horse, people care about people that dont even exists (like pro-life religious people) but dont give a flying fuck about the people that are alive now, there is a total lack of awareness by all of us living in the first world, we like to ignore things cause of how confortable we are and its fine but dont pretend you are some kind of gandhi when you, as a memeber of the first world contribute to the destruction of the earth and the pain of the third world people that make you things.

Guest WNS000

I don't care about mankind in the future after my death and about the planet in the future after my death because it would not matter to me.

lol selfish cunt...i'd hope that you are quite a young fellow...i'm sure your viewpoint will change as you grow older and maybe have children.

Not selfish at all, you traditionalistic twat. The opposite is true. People that have kids are selfish. Not the other way around. I actually care about children that would have to live in this fucked up place because their parents were not able to control their stupid, useless and pointless breeding desires. If you look up the main motivations wannabe parents have you will find some truly fucked up selfish reasons indeed.

Guest WNS000

^ again riding the high horse, people care about people that dont even exists (like pro-life religious people) but dont give a flying fuck about the people that are alive now, there is a total lack of awareness by all of us living in the first world, we like to ignore things cause of how confortable we are and its fine but dont pretend you are some kind of gandhi when you, as a memeber of the first world contribute to the destruction of the earth and the pain of the third world people that make you things.

If it was your reply to me (it is not clear from your post) here is my answer:

I actually care about people living now. I don't litter, I recycle, I behave respectfully to my surroundings, I am also quite empathetic and altruistic to people in need (helping during accidents where others just watch or pass by etc). But I really really don't care about the planet in the distant future (hundreds of years from now) and the people living in that time. I care about now and that is one of the reasons why I chose to not reproduce myself so that I make sure I won't be adding my part to the problem.

There is absolutely no need for life to exist. The universe doesn't care. (ignore the last two sentences if you are religious)

There is some theoretical chance that if the humanity spreads out quickly enough out of the solar system and into other systems then the life originating from Earth could survive endlessly (or at least until the end of the universe), although probably in a much different form. The point is to scatter the life widely enough so no single catastrophe will destroy it all.

Also, even if the universe's fate is heat death it could be escaped in some form because there are always some entropy differences left. Entropy difference is the most basic requirement for life. But that would require a complete transformation from our current biological existence to something else.

Guest WNS000

There is some theoretical chance that if the humanity spreads out quickly enough out of the solar system and into other systems then the life originating from Earth could survive endlessly (or at least until the end of the universe), although probably in a much different form. The point is to scatter the life widely enough so no single catastrophe will destroy it all.

Also, even if the universe's fate is heat death it could be escaped in some form because there are always some entropy differences left. Entropy difference is the most basic requirement for life. But that would require a complete transformation from our current biological existence to something else.

And for what purpose exactly?

So that a sentience might gaze upon and contemplate the wonder of existence.

There's no logical purpose to anything. Logic is circular and only useful as a tool. You take a problem, pose it in a logical language, use logic to solve the problem and then apply the results back to reality. You can not derive purpose from logic because by itself logic is completely meaningless. You have to get the purpose from some source that is essentially non-logical.

Anyway, what I think is that the purpose of life is born from life itself. The essence of life is to preserve itself.

Archived