IGNORED

Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars

We are releasing our 6th full length LP on October 16th!!! It's called Thank Your Lucky Stars. More info soon.....

We are very excited, it's an album being released the way we want. It's not a companion to depression cherry or a surprise or b-sides
Much love to @bellaunion and @subpop and @mistletone for working with us !
Just becuz we didn't send the record to press 6 months before its release does not make it a surprise, fans/press hear it at the same time
We only wanted to release a record In a new way after doing it one way for so long, not a dis or manifesto of any kind, just experimentin'

that's so cool!

why can't everyone release records like this already.

Contracts and shit. I bet you that a lot of bands are being offered very nice deals at the moment to resist going solo and releasing shit themselves, without record label interference. About the only plus I can see for going to a label is not having to deal with promo / distribution shit yourself. And shit. I said shit a lot.

What a glorious age we live in!

I hope it's more interesting than depression cherry, I still haven't consciously listened to all of it, it puts me to sleep every time I turn it on. Literally.

this is basically devotion part 2, and it's great and exactly what i wanted and hoped for with depression cherry with how they talked about more stripped down sound and all less bombast before the release. it's got this lazy midday baltimore garage practice sound and atmosphere and none of that snooze veil of depressions cherry, each song has character on this one.

shit yeah, this is really great. was writing the previous post 2/3 way in, but the last 3 songs are even better. this is really nothing but drum machine, guitar and organ with very few fx, but they work it so damn well.

^^ agree^3. was so glad to hear a return to devotion-ish form, i like this a lot more than depression cherry. i guess this is just the sound i want them to make, selfish as that is.

I've never really listened to BH before Depression Cherry got released and I, for one, really love it to bits (especially Levitation and Sparks). Love Bloom as well.

I couldn't resist grabbing the leak (even if I'm waiting for my copy to drop), and ATM I don't have that same 'instant love' feeling... Might be a grower though.

• 2 months later...

heard "elegy to the void" after my ex-girlfriend's show at an NPR studio (went with her; not a great situation overall). fucking perfect mood and feel for the night for me at that moment. never listened to beach house before that, but now it clicked, and i'm looking forward to hearing more.

Beautiful song indeed.

I've listened to the album a lot since my last post, enjoying it a lot (like, a lot!)... but am still more into Depression Cherry.

i've completely changed my mind on this since my last post here. after a heavy stint with this record i actually began to get more and more into depression cherry which i neglected at first, and now i think it's better in every way, more accomplished as a record and much more carefully produced. PPP is probably my favorite song in their whole discography.

it's interesting how many of their songs have basically the same structure and that it somehow always works: an actual 3 min pop song and then a coda that takes up to half of the track length that entrances you into this repetitive bliss. quite mbv.

Archived