IGNORED

Are you red/green colorblind or other "Anomalous Trichromacy"?

JS20

These new glasses with a high-tech coating MIGHT help you if your color deficiency falls within certain classifications. I was astounded at these vids of people seeing new colors for the first time, especially purple since that is my favorite color.

The glasses aren't cheap, but they are custom made for your type of colorblindness (and prescription if applicable) and based on the fact that half the people in the videos cried after wearing them tends to make me think they are legit.

The lens coatings have custom-tuned notch filters that block certain portions of light wavelengths where red/green and red/green/blue overlap each other, creating an artificial separation between the colors so that your eyes' color receptors can better distinguish the difference. They don't make your eyes SEE color, but they do create enough new data that your brain can CREATE the colors it wasn't able to before. Just astonishing...and a breath of fresh air to see a new technology do something purely good for a change!

You can take the manufacturer's colorblindness test to see if their technology can help your individual situation:

http://enchroma.com/test-150401.2/

I am willing to kick in to a crowdfunding campaign or two if these lenses can help a couple WATMMers see my favorite color!

Two more vidyas

Watch the girl walk through the flower garden in the 3rd vid... heck, in most of the vids I have watched they are walking around like they are tripping - marveling at everyday objects they have never truly seen before.

Strong Protan

Strong protans (“pro-tans”) have a severe form of red-green color blindness.

Strong protans generally do not get the “wow-effect” from the EnChroma Cx lens. Color vision may be improved slightly, but the effect is subtle and takes a significant amount of time to adapt to (anywhere from days to weeks). In some cases, there may be no noticeable effect at all–these types are calleddichromats, where the individual has effectively no L-cone photopigments at all).

Based on feedback from people with similar results, we believe there is about a 30% chance that EnChroma glasses will help your color vision.

All EnChroma products are satisfaction-guaranteed within 30 days of purchase.

I'm not spending £500 for a 30% chance...

Even with the money-back guarantee? Maybe find a pair to borrow first?

Just pointing out tho, that many of the people in the videos were skeptical, hesitant or nervous to even try them on. It was interesting to see how a potentially life-changing technology was often met with doubt and negativity, then to see all that melt away and be replaced by tears of joy...

The glasses aren't cheap, but they are custom made for your type of colorblindness (and prescription if applicable) and based on the fact that half the people in the videos cried after wearing them tends to make me think they are legit.

Maybe they're designed to mace you in the eye.

Mild Protan

Mild protans (“pro-tans”) have a mild form of red-green color blindness caused by an anomaly in the L-cone photopigment gene sequence.

Mild protans usually respond positively to the EnChroma lens. We believe there is about an 80% chance that EnChroma glasses will help your color vision.

I was watching a lot of these videos several weeks back, and I was wondering what the world looks like through these lenses, for a person who is not colorblind. ...Something about shifting certain frequencies to other frequencies, but seen in person (as opposed to Photoshop), it might be pretty badass.

I've watched dozens of these videos... and sometimes, it is somewhat sad when there is so much enthusiasm from the gifters, but it's apparent that the glasses don't work for the gifted one. ...And of course, the ones where people are overwhelmed is really touching. But anyway, watching these videos gave me a newfound appreciation for color. I mean, I'm a painter, graphic designer... so I can see like a billion colors and got color theory and whatever the fuck else down like a mofo. So even though I love color- after watching these videos- it made me realize that I don't care as much as I should.

Color is truly magical, and I thank these videos for inspiring me to care more about it. Like really-- M A G I C A L. It makes me want to work in color in a way that makes people feel like they're experiencing an experience.

So yes, an artist can experience color deeply, and yes, nature is beautifully painted. Aaand yes, tripping on shrooms can be awe inspiring when it comes to color-emotional connection. But think about it, myaaan... For those who can perceive full-color- even non-artists- we wield the power to manipulate this magical property. We can do whatever we want with color!!! We are fools if we don't give a shit about color. (yes, yes, same with sound and speech...)

WATCM

PL9Kl2r.png

Is me, I can't afford $600 glasses though. Makes me kind of sad, I want those feels in the video. Maybe my optical care will assist when it comes time to get new glasses. Yeah graphic designer by profession too...

PL9Kl2r.png

Is me, I can't afford $600 glasses though. Makes me kind of sad, I want those feels in the video. Maybe my optical care will assist when it comes time to get new glasses. Yeah graphic designer by profession too...

same. i used to joke about it when i worked as a paper. now i don't really care most of the time, it's just when describing colors to people that i notice there are differences

This reminds me of when I get a new pair of amazing speakers and want to relisten to every song I know to hear them all in a new way. It sort of makes me wish I used to be colorblind so I can know how it is to suddenly experience everything differently.

I have normal color vision but these glasses are a cool concept, I'd be curious to try them with normal vision to see the "color pop" they describe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest unteleportedman

I have colorblindness, was first tested when I was young after I asked my mom or someone if a purple crayon I was holding was blue. I also remember failing the tests which show dotty pictures with one large number in them, and there were a lot of those pictures where I couldn't see the hidden number at all. Have trouble with red/green/brown and also blue/purple.

P sure purple is also my favorite color, but I guess I don't know what real purple actually looks like? Def wanna try these.

Archived