IGNORED

Swans' Michael Gira accused of rape by singer Larkin Grimm

hello spiral

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just Googled Michael gira to see what he looks like and yep this man is a rapist and probably has 13 bodies buried in his backyard, and it wouldn't surprise me if he drinks coffee from the skull of one his victims, he just looks like one of those guys

Guest WNS000

I am not going to judge Gira nor Larkin. That is for the judiciary to decide.

But...

...false rape accusations are a fucking nightmare for accused. Every falsely accused person will have that stigma till the end of his/her life no matter how the court decides. Same with politicians falsely accused of corruption or men falsely accused of domestic violence. Nobody believes them no matter the verdict especially if there is no other suspect or convicted that could substitute the falsely accused. That fucking sucks. A nightmare. It makes me sick just to think about it.

Guest WNS000

5nJnBx3.png

source

Just to make things more interesting (not judging the accusations in the following quote):

I do not know Larkin personally, but I do happen to know Thomas very well. Thomas has a reputation for making sexual advances on women he works with as well as his students. I know first hand. I feel sorry for both Larkin and Margaret, becuase he played them both, one occupationally and the other emotionally. The men in the band know exactly how Thomas is, but they won't say anything. Just last semester he WAS making advances on a young 20 something grad student at CCNY named Andrea, sending her very inappropriate and explicit emails which made her very uncomfortable. Margaret, if you are reading this, you are better off without him. Because he lived with you, his preferred communication of choice was email so he wouldn't get caught. He preys on woman and young girls who look up to him. Just read his email and facebook messages Margaret. YOU DON'T NEED HIM. I hope women continue to come out against Thomas in support of Larkin. Women should support women, always. This is a damn shame, just sad.

source (in the comments below the article)

Btw this: "Women should support women, always." is a maddening example of stupidity.

And more:

In Gira’s characterization, what happened between he and Grimm was an “ill-advised tryst” that “fortunately was not consummated.” Read Gira’s full statement, via Consequence of Sound, below.

Eight years ago, while I was still married to my first wife, Larkin Grimm and I headed towards a consensual romantic moment that fortunately was not consummated. As she wrote in her recent social media postings about that night, I said to her, “this doesn’t feel right,” and abruptly but completely our only intimate encounter ended. It was an awkward mistake.

“Larkin may regret, as I certainly do, that the ill-advised tryst went even that far, but now, as then, I hold her in high esteem for her music and her courage as an artist.

“I long ago apologized to my wife and family and told them the truth about this incident. My hope is that Larkin finds peace with the demons that have been darkening her soul since long before she and I ever met.

source

I am sorry if that all was already posted in this thread. Didn't bother to read all pages.

Guest WNS000

I'm not gonna judge but.........

What? I did not judge anything, man. I just expressed my feeling about false rape accusations in general.

So how many people has she accused of raping her so far?

4 or 5 or 6?

She's either the most unlucky person on the planet, or she makes false rape accusations whenever she's feeling sufficiently vindictive

(Or she believes in 'retroactive withdrawal of consent' or some other faux-feminist insanity)

P.S. I'm usually not one to doubt the veracity of random comments made in the comments section of Spin.com, but I would bet money that's LG or one of her confederates.

P.P.S. If you couldn't tell by my tone, false rape accusations rustle every last one of my jimmies..it really does make it harder for actual victims, for a handful of different reasons

The saddest part about that, Limpy, is that it isn't that uncommon. I have a friend that was raped once and has had men try to rape her at least 3 other times. One of them drugged her at a venue with her friends around and tried to separate her.

You can't just judge the situation based on the fact that she's made some accusations in the past.

Guest WNS000

...it really does make it harder for actual victims, for a handful of different reasons

Exactly. It does not help anybody in the long run. It only spreads paranoia and distrust between people.

Actual rape victims' lives destroyed / false-rape-accused's lives destroyed.

It is such a dangerous shit to play with.

I am angry right now, so apologies if I post something short-sighted (for example not realizing some sensitive stuff about justice systems etc.) but right now I think false rape accusations should be a serious crime. Or is it already anywhere (I am not really informed in this matter)?

Well according to the girl from her old band she (almost immediately) retracted the accusations against her 3 former bandmates and apologized to them

(She made the accusations after getting kicked out of the band)

Now, that obviously doesn't affect whether she was (subsequently) raped or not

But her history of making spurious accusations should obviously bring her credibility into question

If she was indeed raped by MG, then she kinda fucked herself over because now she finds herself in a 'he said/she said' about an incident 8 years ago with no physical evidence and she has a history of crying wolf...

Like I said: this is why false accusations are so sinister, they make it so much harder for real victims

Guest WNS000

Well according to the girl from her old band she (almost immediately) retracted the accusations against her 3 former bandmates and apologized to them

Do you have a source, please?

Guest WNS000

Limpy rapes my senses on a regular basis, where's my right to justice? #watmmers4watmmersalways

Do you behave like this in person too?

What did you say about shit-posting?

The saddest part about that, Limpy, is that it isn't that uncommon. I have a friend that was raped once and has had men try to rape her at least 3 other times. One of them drugged her at a venue with her friends around and tried to separate her.

You can't just judge the situation based on the fact that she's made some accusations in the past.

Yes rape is bad. But that doesn't mean we should suspend "innocent until proven guilty" in the case of rape in particular though. Rape is pretty much the only crime where this is done and it needs to stop because it doesn't help legitimate victims and it spreads distrust.

Rape false accusations are just as common as all other crime false accusations, if not more common since there are often lots of motives.

"I don't want my boyfriend or husband to know I cheated"

"I don't want my dad to know that yes, I did indeed want to have sex with that boy he disapproved of"

"I wanted attention and to create a media shitstorm"

All of these things have happened and it is a massive issue since it destroys men's lives. You seem to be taking the stance of "Eh if a few men get their lives destroyed who cares, rape is a bigger problem" and it's unfair.

Innocent until proven guilty

...it really does make it harder for actual victims, for a handful of different reasons

Exactly. It does not help anybody in the long run. It only spreads paranoia and distrust between people.

Actual rape victims' lives destroyed / false-rape-accused's lives destroyed.

It is such a dangerous shit to play with.

I am angry right now, so apologies if I post something short-sighted (for example not realizing some sensitive stuff about justice systems etc.) but right now I think false rape accusations should be a serious crime. Or is it already anywhere (I am not really informed in this matter)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

If proven to be false, you can pretty much prosecute as you please. However, some accused are very lenient, as this man was who let two accusers off with a letter of apology: http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/14404318.Girls_to_write_letters_of_apology_to_man_falsely_accused_of_sex_assault/

It is also proof that innocent until proven guilty is still the police mandate, and that the man was allowed to clear himself without being treated like filth or having his life ruined.

It basically comes down to perverting the course of justice, which is generally taken to be a serious crime.

It certainly doesn't help you to be convicted of it and then find yourself at the mercy of the courts later on in life. Not many judges will trust you after that.

Once deemed innocent you can't get back the public facing job you were forced to resign once accused or remove the online articles about you which future employers will read without seeing the followup that you were proven innocent. It won't fix the emotional harm done to your relationships, the girlfriend or wife who left you once you were accused and couldn't deal with it or trust you afterwords. It won't fix your own emotional issues such as an decrease in trust for women and a hesitation to put yourself in potentially vulnerable situations where you might be falsely accused again, which many men report

It's a case of no emotional support for the men who suffer from this, as usual. "Legal protection is there, get over it" no it's not and legal protection isn't all you need.

Yes rape is bad. But that doesn't mean we should suspend "innocent until proven guilty" in the case of rape in particular though. Rape is pretty much the only crime where this is done and it needs to stop because it doesn't help legitimate victims and it spreads distrust.

Rape false accusations are just as common as all other crime false accusations, if not more common since there are often lots of motives.

"I don't want my boyfriend or husband to know I cheated"

"I don't want my dad to know that yes, I did indeed want to have sex with that boy he disapproved of"

"I wanted attention and to create a media shitstorm"

All of these things have happened and it is a massive issue since it destroys men's lives. You seem to be taking the stance of "Eh if a few men get their lives destroyed who cares, rape is a bigger problem" and it's unfair.

Innocent until proven guilty

That's exactly what I'm saying. You shouldn't judge either way before you have a substantial amount of evidence.

Limpy rapes my senses on a regular basis, where's my right to justice? #watmmers4watmmersalways

Do you behave like this in person too?

What did you say about shit-posting?

Nah he just lives in this weird bubble where all his shit posting is enabled and aplauded by a small minority , the many perks of acting nice once again in a while I guess

Once deemed innocent you can't get back the public facing job you were forced to resign once accused or remove the online articles about you which future employers will read without seeing the followup that you were proven innocent. It won't fix the emotional harm done to your relationships, the girlfriend or wife who left you once you were accused and couldn't deal with it or trust you afterwords. It won't fix your own emotional issues such as an decrease in trust for women and a hesitation to put yourself in potentially vulnerable situations where you might be falsely accused again, which many men report

It's a case of no emotional support for the men who suffer from this, as usual. "Legal protection is there, get over it" no it's not and legal protection isn't all you need.

You could do what this guy did and make a website to support those without support: http://accused.me.uk/

They are also campaigning for those rights you mention so false accusations should be a thing of the past (hopefully).

Plus you can apply to Google to have false articles removed from search results, under the 'Right To Be Forgotten' law. https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_eudpa?product=websearch

Sure, your old job might be gone, but at least you can apply for another one without your boss googling you.

(of course, this is a European law, but I wouldn't be surprised if it moves to other countries)

Archived