IGNORED

What's up with the apathy toward Drukqs back in 2001?

Brisbot

^ can't even write drukqs or autechre correct and gives his shittty opinion on something he just can't grasp, also autechre hasn't aged well? GTFO dude

you produced for 10years on hardware on a pro level yet nothing you'll ever make will come close to what these dudes have donne, the truth hurts doesn't it

i don't give a shit if these drukqs tracks were made on a banjo or a computer, it's a timeless masterpiece, have some respect

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ can't even write drukqs or autechre correct and gives his shittty opinion on something he just can't grasp, also autechre hasn't aged well? GTFO dude

you produced for 10years on hardware on a pro level yet nothing you'll ever make will come close to what these dudes have donne, the truth hurts doesn't it

i don't give a shit if these drukqs tracks were made on a banjo or a computer, it's a timeless masterpiece, have some respect

Ehhh whatever, I guess it shows how memorable it was to me. Not about whether I can grasp it or not. I grasp it completely, I just don't dig it nearly as much as his earlier work. As stated I don't rate Autechre (oh look who didn't even capitalize their name, call the grammar police!!) any where close to Aphex and I've been listening to them since their first album. Saw them live in 99 which was actually pretty phenomenal and last year which was absolutely terrible IMO.

My music never close? Haha thats like your opinion man. My music has been played and supported by many of the top underground DJs and producers in underground electronic music today including a prominent artist on Warp. Music is not sports.

As stated I do respect Drukqs and all of RDJ's music for that matter, I just like some a whole hell of a lot more than others. My rant was more about real instruments vs. virtual.

Guest WNS000

Killabyte, care to share some of your music?

Could you also post some of your favorite electronic tracks (does not have to be AFX)?

underground electronic dj's and underground producers = people who can't make music like autechre and afx with all the hardware or computers in the world

Haha OK dude, spoken like a true fan boy. Some of these people are artists that RDJ has played in his DJ sets himself. If you haven't noticed he loves underground dance music, especially the older classic and obscure material. I know most all of that material myself having been part of that scene for almost as long. So good luck with all that, I'm pretty happy with my success thus far. Further more I'm not trying to sound like anyone else but myself. What have you done?

underground electronic dj's and underground producers = people who can't make music like autechre and afx with all the hardware or computers in the world

Haha OK dude, spoken like a true fan boy. Some of these people are artists that RDJ has played in his DJ sets himself. If you haven't noticed he loves underground dance music, especially the older classic and obscure material. I know most all of that material myself having been part of that scene for almost as long. So good luck with all that, I'm pretty happy with my success thus far. Further more I'm not trying to sound like anyone else but myself. What have you done?

i made some of the most top underground dj electronic music ever in the underground elektronic dance scene, you never heard of me? weird

anyway, saying autechre hasn't aged well or afx with a computer doesn't sound good is the death penalty for me

It's weird that you don't care about people's opinions at all yet you keep using "underground DJs play this music"/"people love the music" as a measurement of merit/quality

Yes because within the realm of underground dance music there is a standard to which the music can be measured. RDJ has always shied away from being too commercial partly because he comes from that standard. I get the impression that a lot of people on this forum perceive Aphex Twin as existing in a sort of bubble but much of his early material is of certain veins of dance music or electronic music in general to which there are a great may amazing artists and just one off tracks and Anyone who's experienced the explosion of that music and the subculture surrounding it at it's finer points knows what I'm talking about.

I was actually referring to the variety of sounds he used back when he messed around on his laptop. He both all the stuff he had at his disposal VS just analog stuff. Now his music while having an analog flavor is fairly restricted in the types of sounds he uses.

I would like him to expand his arsenal again.

It seems like he's planning on it, what with that 'new type of synthesis' he told me and a few others about a few months back off soundcloud. What with the... Chinese programmer he hired.

i made some of the most top underground dj electronic music ever in the underground elektronic dance scene, you never heard of me? weird

anyway, saying autechre hasn't aged well or afx with a computer doesn't sound good is the death penalty for me

You sound like a true knob dude. You really have to realize that your input has zero credibility. What ever sarcastic little bullshit you just said there has nothing to do with what I said. In case you haven't noticed Richard loves the type of music Im referring to, I'd say 80% or more of what he's DJed in the past and what he's posted in his favorite tracks are in that vein. I'm merely showing how stupid you sound when you try to tell me my music will never compare to "these dudes" when I mention that a few artists that RDJ has played in his DJ's sets have played or otherwise supported my tunes. So in essence you're dissing Richards taste in music I guess, cool.

Never said a word about "you never heard of me?" my reference to my production experience was related my disagreement with another posters lengthy rant about how plug ins sound better than hardware. I guess you guy are right again, Richard doesn't have a clue what he's doing using all of that amazing hardware.

Guest WNS000

I think the whole debate would get clarified if you shared some of your taste with us so we can orientate ourselves better.

Share some of your own music and favorite tracks with us, please.

I was actually referring to the variety of sounds he used back when he messed around on his laptop. He both all the stuff he had at his disposal VS just analog stuff. Now his music while having an analog flavor is fairly restricted in the types of sounds he uses.

I would like him to expand his arsenal again.

It seems like he's planning on it, what with that 'new type of synthesis' he told me and a few others about a few months back off soundcloud. What with the... Chinese programmer he hired.

On syro, he didn't just use analog synths though, there at least a few crazy sick digital synths in there such as the Kawai K5000, Yamaha FS1R. 2 of the deepest digital synths ever concieved. When I look at the gear list for Syro just now, it actually says various plug ins as well.

I think the whole debate would get clarified if you shared some of your taste with us so we can orientate ourselves better.

About to head off the interwebs for now. Not going to share my music when there's obviously people being dickheads to me over my opinions. I'll perhaps share some other music when I sign back on. What genre?

About to head off the interwebs for now. Not going to share my music when there's obviously people being dickheads to me over my opinions. I'll perhaps share some other music when I sign back on. What genre?

share some analog recordings and lets see if we can use a plug-in that sounds better

just for fun

Im also partial to some acid-polka

heh, how would that change the fact that he's quite a bit full of himself. :P

Full of himself and as far as we know doesn't make music.

Archived