IGNORED

uh, we're back!

chaosmachine

Thanks Chaosmachine! So far, so good - seems faster, too.

BTW: This is all in preparation for the major forum software upgrade that will transform WATMM into a full site, rather than just a forum. Now that this is done, we can begin beta preparations.

You've been saying that for literally 5 years

that's very rude and ungrateful, dr. lopez. joyrex has been responsible for the maintenance and growth of this site for almost two decades now, until recently by using solely his own time and resources. it's a site that's now seen as a bastion of idm which the toppest acts like autechre see as their home base where they can conduct super long interviews with fans. and let's not forget that watmm+afx kickstarter that possibly brought afx back to life. i think we should all give joyrex as much support as possible for providing us with such a warm and beautiful place to call a home of idm instead of indulging in those petty, snarky and unconstructive criticisms as you've just done. shame on you.

that's very rude and ungrateful, dr. lopez. joyrex has been responsible for the maintenance and growth of this site for almost two decades now, until recently by using solely his own time and resources. it's a site that's now seen as a bastion of idm which the toppest acts like autechre see as their home base where they can conduct super long interviews with fans. and let's not forget that watmm+afx kickstarter that possibly brought afx back to life. i think we should all give joyrex as much support as possible for providing us with such a warm and beautiful place to call a home of idm instead of indulging in those petty, snarky and unconstructive criticisms as you've just done. shame on you.

Yeah, dude. He's actually been saying it for over 10 years.

:emotawesomepm9:

Yes... yes I have (in various forms)

Yeah, dude. He's actually been saying it for over 10 years.

:emotawesomepm9:

Touche!

Don't do it! This is the road to a less active audience but commercial prosperity.  

What would make you think that? If anything, this upgrade will drive more people to WATMM, grow the community, and provide an even greater platform for electronic musicians and fans. And I sure as hell don't run this site for "commercial prosperity"!

With this upgrade, I will finally be able to enlist more members of the community to help contribute content to WATMM, and be more than just a discussion forum. Even if that wasn't the goal, the forum software is nearing end-of-life, so we have to keep up with the times.

Think of this as our Windows 10 upgrade - except less nagging prompts :dadjoke:

Does seem faster. Might be placebo, but threads were taking me a long time to load, even ones with little to no youtube emmbedment

All that was done was the conversion to UTF-8 on all the tables... might have been due to that, or the server/caches restarting...

still not as fast as bdb

Well, of course - when there's only 1-2 people on it at any given time... :dadjoke:

Think of this as our Windows 10 upgrade - except less nagging prompts :dadjoke:

I hope it also comes with creepy automated message screens

Archived