IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

You're welcome Bob Dob et al.

:flower:

(we'll be gentle come avatar time  :rdjgrin: )

spurs: crystal palace (away,) arsenal (home),west ham (away),man united (home),leicester (away),hull (away)

chelski: southampton (home), everton (away), middlesbrough (home), west brom (away), watford (home), sunderland (home)

what do you guys think?

i can see chelski dropping points against everton and pulis fc but there is no way spurs will win all of their games 

Your calculus is indeed legit however it only takes one matchday where Chelsea drop points for it to be on, and when it's on it Son.  It's still theirs to lose but I like our form right now, how could you not?

spurs is the best team in the land at the moment, and they are soo good to watch but i think you will drop points against united and arsenal, your record against the" big teams" is not good enough 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again fair point, we're both pointing at past performance as future indicators and in reality who knows how it'll play out. I think if we win those matches we're deserved of the title, but that's more in Chelsea's hands (and each club's opposition in the run-in) to decide.  In the meantime I'm just a giddy Jim Carrey from Dumb & Dumber clinging to a chance.

Looking at each squad's slate of matches remaining and eyeballing an expected points haul is a reasonable but rather static approach, I'm more intrigued by the dynamic nature of the run-in, like if one of them shits the bed next matchday suddenly it sends the odds-makers scrambling.  There's a psychological element to it as to with coaches & players too, as well as the Murphy's Law corollary "shit happens" like when Palace took down Chelsea the other day.

No expectations of course, been delighted with the campaign so far and just want to see the lads finish strong, Fantastic Analingus Cup included.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Spurs, Arsenal can't catch them now, missed a few sitters in the first half, but very comfortable performance in the second, and could've had a few more. Interesting to see if this a permanent realignment, or if Arsenal can come back stronger next season, I wouldn't bet on that. Arsenal won't have the luxury of no european football to rebuild next season, it'll be difficult for them.

United were shockingly bad in the earlier game, even after Swansea equalised they made little effort to get back into the game, Swansea continued to dominate. Shame their play in the final third wasn't stronger (pathetic effort from Llorente at the end) or they'd have got the win they deserved, bad dive from Rashford for the pen. More injuries for United too, so their chances in the Europa League are receding at this point too (though decent chance Mourinho could bore his way with 0-0s all the way to penalties). Iago Aspas hat-trick on Thursday would be nice (hard to believe he's scored 21 goals this season, he was so shit for us).

Couldn't have gone better for us so far, we managed to lose 3-0 to Watford last season though so we'll need to be a lot better than we were against Palace to take advantage.

damn you everton.

well it was a foregone conclusion that spurs were going to win, you could see it on the faces of every single player on the pitch, esp the arse ones. i could give two shits about arsenal these days they play objectively shit football. 

• 3 weeks later...

No worries m8, D-Lo and I put something nice together for ya :biggrin:

I didn't want to spring it on you ahead of your all-eggs/one-basket final (good luck to you as a supporter, though I'd just as much love to see Jose left with nothing but dynamite birthday candle feels...) so depending on your mood the week after that (or after the final PL weekend) will do just fine.

You're a Spurs fan. You should have a built in secret loathing of watching football.

just gonna leave this here

I mean, this still holds true.

I love fans of big teams that are going through a bad time, all they have to hang onto is past glories while shitting on the teams that are currently doing well.

I love fans of big teams that are going through a bad time, all they have to hang onto is past glories while shitting on the teams that are currently doing well.

I mean, two pieces of silverware* this season with a European final to come is technically not past glories.

When we get to 10 years without any trophies, then I'll be able to feel your pain completely.

*Yes one is mickey mouse, but it's still a bit of something. Plus think of how much blow you could do off that plate.

Breaking: ManYoo goes shopping at the Lidl of silverware, get free bag of Haribo Fun Fellanis with every Cummie Shield

Oh and here's your new avatar m8, I reckon the week starts ticking upon your first post donning pixelated hubris and schadenfreude.

ujiqqox.jpg

*dueling banjos*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived