IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

I don't think that's fair at all, he's used a number of different tactical setups so far in his time here, I just think we're lacking a player or two.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was more like it, you can see as well that it's not as simple as just sitting back and trying to play on the counter against Liverpool, which is what Arsenal did in the first half, we were all over them. They made more of a contest of it in the second half, but we were still the more threatening team, fluffed a fair few chances, and were a bit lucky with the third which was a few inches offside. Great performance though, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Mané were outstanding.

Will this be the first year in a long time not to have a St Totteringham's day? Arsenal are away at Spurs near the end, might be the game to put it beyond doubt.

That was more like it, you can see as well that it's not as simple as just sitting back and trying to play on the counter against Liverpool, which is what Arsenal did in the first half, we were all over them. They made more of a contest of it in the second half, but we were still the more threatening team, fluffed a fair few chances, and were a bit lucky with the third which was a few inches offside. Great performance though, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Mané were outstanding.

Will this be the first year in a long time not to have a St Totteringham's day? Arsenal are away at Spurs near the end, might be the game to put it beyond doubt.

You deserved to win today. 

I've had enough & hope we (Arsenal) now finish outside of the top 4 and Wenger leaves. God knows who to replace him with but it's over - he's not going to get more out of this team & someone else might. Why leave Sanchez on the bench and lose the match in the first half? Saving him for the meaningless midweek fixture against Bayern!? 

We've rode our luck this season (usually I think we're unlucky & rarely sneak undeserved wins) and have managed to snatch a draw in a few games we should have lost. 5th reflects our season pretty accurately now though.

Lallana was brilliant and Mane is a fine player

Simeone would be an interesting choice for Arsenal, hard to find a more different style of manager, which might be what they need, though would probably require a few years of rebuilding. I heard some talk of getting Allegri in, not sure if that would be the best idea.

“We did try to go direct, by which I mean I wanted the goalkeeper to kick it straight to the strikers”.

He dropped el demonio "to be more direct, to go more direct, to use players who are strong in the air".

Tabloids are already starting up the sloppy seconds Luis Enrique rumors.

“We did try to go direct, by which I mean I wanted the goalkeeper to kick it straight to the strikers”.

He dropped el demonio "to be more direct, to go more direct, to use players who are strong in the air".

They clearly didn't do that though.

I mean, that might have been the plan, but they clearly didn't do that.

Yes they did. In the first half Cech made 16 passes, only 2 of them were short, in the 2nd half he made 6 short passes (and if you compare that to their previous game against Hull it was the other way around). It wasn't just the keeper either, in the first half they made fewer sideways and backward passes than Liverpool, in the second half they made more (Liverpool had significantly more passes in the first half, Arsenal had marginally more in the second - ~60 vs 20). They were clearly playing more direct in the first half, and changed things up in the second half.

Stories coming out now that a training ground bust up is why sanchez was benched. Be surprised to see him stay at the end of the season but stranger things have happened. Either way, he and özil only have another year on their contracts. Rebuild job required over the next couple of years unless a new manager can come in and get the players who are coasting to raise their game like conte has done at chelsea. 

Simeone would be an interesting choice for Arsenal, hard to find a more different style of manager, which might be what they need, though would probably require a few years of rebuilding. I heard some talk of getting Allegri in, not sure if that would be the best idea.

Agree we need to go for someone totally different to wenger, a disciplinarian with a proven record. Simeone I could live with, for sure. 

oh yeah, sure. they didn't have a shot until the 49th minute I think, Mignolet's save from Giroud (which wasn't from a long ball, but a cross). I mean it is Arsenal we're talking about here, you can't expect them to perfect a long ball strategy out of the blue. many teams have successfully used that against us, but it's not as simple as simply setting up the team to play that way, you have to actually be capable of pulling it off.

Possibly, but players of the calibre that are playing on arsenal should do better than they did.

Still though, leaving out Sanchez was pretty unglaublich.

Arsenal were so shit on Saturday, even my dad text me to vent his anger and I know it would have taken him half an hour to work out how to use his phone. 

does sean dyche cares about the wellness of his players? 

from the outside dyche looks like slavemaster with a whip forcing his players to do things the human body simply cannot do

when race horses are mistreated everybody cries but when george boyd is being treated like low level scum by his own manager nobody cares 

does sean dyche cares about the wellness of his players? 

from the outside dyche looks like slavemaster with a whip forcing his players to do things the human body simply cannot do

when race horses are mistreated everybody cries but when george boyd is being treated like low level scum by his own manager nobody cares 

your hot takes are becoming more and more autistic

sean dyche is a master at creating work horses. ever wondered what a team of 11 dirk kuyts would look like? well wonder no more cause thats what burnley is

the amount of work they do must be destroying their bodies, i just worry theyll never get to play with their kids because sean dyche destroyed their knees trying to get a win against hull fucking city 

They were probably the only team to have out-pressed Liverpool this season, the first time we played them this season they scored early then allowed us have 80% possession for the rest of the match, today they scored early then upped the intensity, pressing us all over and forced us to hoof up the pitch in the vague direction of Origi at every opportunity. Part of that was down to Henderson being missing, he can handle being pressed and still pick a pass, but Can is a poor substitute for that position and was the worst player on the pitch (despite scoring a beauty to win it), but Burnley certainly put a shift in and made it very difficult. Dyche is doing a great job there.

Aint happenin heung min son.  Squad is too resilient and plus janssen is fire, 1 goal in his last 1 games

ever wondered what a team of 11 dirk kuyts would look like?

I do this every night with your heung min son

Archived