IGNORED

looking for feedback on an unfinished acid track

peace 7

Waddup doodz and doodettez~

Yah, so I have this bangin' unfinished acid track from earlier in the year, but I have no proper system to check it out on (I sold my monitors 3 countries ago).  I was hoping any of you with proper systems could maybe tell me what works and doesn't work, etc.  I'm using pretty good headphones, but I definitely can't mix this shit properly without speakers...

And also just any other positive or negative criticism is appreciated.

Final note- yah, so the track is totally in that unfinished mode, and basically some parts are supposed to be longer, etc.  If this track ever gets completed, it'll probably be something like 6~7 minutes long.

Thank you for listening~!

[sc5]286221145[/sc5]

it sounds really wide. the mix. very split between the speakers here.  the acid mostly sits in the middle. it sounds like everything else is very stereo and panned wide. 

this may be a creative decision and not about technique so it's hard to know if it's what you're going for if it's a result of using headphones. but it made the drums feel a little disorganized to me because my right and left ears were trying to track things very far apart that are rhythmically important. 

if it's a WIP then i expect the mix will get more work and further dialed in. nothing really jumps out of the mix too far anywhere. but further tweaking of how things sit in the mix will only make it better i think.  if you keep the synths and acid from stepping on each other and give some parts a bit more presence in the mix i think it'll balance out. 

catchy tune. proper high energy floor filler club track. sort of reminds me of early/mid 90s florida club music in some ways. 

hope the criticism is constructive. :)

it sounds really wide. the mix. very split between the speakers here.  the acid mostly sits in the middle. it sounds like everything else is very stereo and panned wide. 

this may be a creative decision and not about technique so it's hard to know if it's what you're going for if it's a result of using headphones. but it made the drums feel a little disorganized to me because my right and left ears were trying to track things very far apart that are rhythmically important. 

if it's a WIP then i expect the mix will get more work and further dialed in. nothing really jumps out of the mix too far anywhere. but further tweaking of how things sit in the mix will only make it better i think.  if you keep the synths and acid from stepping on each other and give some parts a bit more presence in the mix i think it'll balance out. 

catchy tune. proper high energy floor filler club track. sort of reminds me of early/mid 90s florida club music in some ways. 

hope the criticism is constructive. :)

Thanks for the feedback!  Yah- the "panned wide" thing is basically me bringing back something I used to use a fuckload of about 15 years ago: Sample Delay.  There's so much that can be done with the sonic stage in a track, and sample delay gives some obscure effects like things coming from a panned direction but not actually panning anything, or like front and back become left and right, etc.  A lot to be explored still, so I've officially been bringing it back to see waddup.

Digging both of these; the acid line in the first track has proper bite to it

Really love the new track, I think because the chord progression reminds me of the Anaconda theme music from Timesplitters 2 but more blown out and banging. Beat is ace. Definitely do a full version!

Digging both of these; the acid line in the first track has proper bite to it

Really love the new track, I think because the chord progression reminds me of the Anaconda theme music from Timesplitters 2 but more blown out and banging. Beat is ace. Definitely do a full version!

Thanks, yo~  Yah, the guitar track...- so I play a lot of blues guitar and have been feeling the impetus to create straight up 12 bar blues with jungle and related elements.  But the results of my first test was accidentally re-creating big beat.  Haha.  The plan is to somehow meld my love of blues guitar jamming with my love of electronic music.  I know there's been tons of somewhat insincere nu-swing, etc., released in the past decade, but I really just want to get raw and direct.  It's a great feeling to have heartfelt ideas that I want to express, without any direct reference to influence my execution.  It's gonna be a privilege and joy to see what's up.

Blues is pretty timeless.

• 3 weeks later...

Juuust gonna put this here....  The last track I worked on- today- on my last day of being 34.

Motherfucker, I can't believe I've been working on electronic music for over 20 years.....  Life is trippy as fuck.

Much love, y'all:

[sc5]290521936[/sc5]

digging this last one (as well as the others). kind of makes me think of luke vibert-ish stuff in that its a nasty break with some kind of up beat organ bits going underneath it. would be cool to see this developed more and maybe with some weird ass up beat  preacher with reverb'ed overdub thing in the middle. just a though

Archived