IGNORED

universal indicator rip off

flacid

liking this a lot. I think the noise at the beginning was there for slightly too long and is maybe slightly too high in the mix (im assuming it's there intentionally).. i get that it helps with the old school vibe though. otherwise i like the track a lot. Maybe the end could do something other than just stop, even a filter tweak on the drums might be good. 

From what I remember, this would fit right in with the Universal Indicator stuff.

yeah, tbf it isn't the most technical stuff but I like the vibe. 

liking this a lot. I think the noise at the beginning was there for slightly too long and is maybe slightly too high in the mix (im assuming it's there intentionally).. i get that it helps with the old school vibe though. otherwise i like the track a lot. Maybe the end could do something other than just stop, even a filter tweak on the drums might be good. 

cheers! initially the silence/noise at the beginning was longer as I was trying to record a weird sound that I had heard. looks like I missed it and cut it out. i don't have a filter for my drums and rarely just stop a track but thought it suited this one when I was recording it. 

Up the tempo a little bit, title it Universal Indicator Aquamarine [uNRELEASED VERY RARE], then put it on slsk = profit!

yeah, I thought it was a touch too slow. lol, might make a UI Pink edition... :) 

I like the vibe on this. Really sounds like some early Aphex stuff. I would add some variety to it though. Some dropouts and transitions. Nevertheless it is a good track.

Going off of this - I think just plopping a few extra notes into that bass occasionally, or warping it a little with filters would suffice. There was a lot of movement here, it was just that one element seemed to stay the same throughout. But once that bass starts moving with the rest of the track? Oh man, this could be a banger. Nice work.

Also I liked the noise at the beginning  :cerious:

I like the vibe on this. Really sounds like some early Aphex stuff. I would add some variety to it though. Some dropouts and transitions. Nevertheless it is a good track.

I've been listening to UI for a while and wanted to make something similar. Sometimes you want to be original, sometimes to copy what you like :) I try and add as much variety as I can when recording live but everything seems to go really fast. Will get better with time/learning the gear better. 

Going off of this - I think just plopping a few extra notes into that bass occasionally, or warping it a little with filters would suffice. There was a lot of movement here, it was just that one element seemed to stay the same throughout. But once that bass starts moving with the rest of the track? Oh man, this could be a banger. Nice work.

Also I liked the noise at the beginning  :cerious:

I was planning to edit the bass line but I forgot too whilst editing other stuff on the fly! Think I should write down parameters to edit whilst recording so that I can remember to do stuff. There are some bits here that I like, some of it is too repetitive but as I mentioned above the more I record live the better I'll get at it. 

Cheers for listening and the feedback guys. 

I have no idea what Universal Indicator is but I kinda like this. I'm not sure it necessarily needs to be 4 minutes long though, haha. But I'm sure if you cut out the arpeggiator every now and then to give it some more rhythm and a sense of something that simply doesn't play repeatedly you'll end up with something that could be 5-6 minutes long. It's just that that arpeggiator gets a bit too repetitive ;)

Archived