IGNORED

ufer

lghticle

Thanks guys. It was made in Audiomulch, using old recordings that I've made with modular.

But this one is on the opposite side of being hypnotic, I guess :)

It's a result of different patterns created in SuperCollider and I used Renoise as a sampler. Maybe I should have added some chords but anyway.

Cool stuff, the first track reminds me of Biosphere's Man with a Movie Camera soundtrack and the second reminds me of Autechre's Pencha.

really cool sound but would love to have heard one other element on each track which was more simple and standardised the rhythms, contrasting the frenetic unpredictable glitch sound - a simple bassline on the anfang track would really tie it up nicely

same goes for  blockchain, maybe as suggested already a nice simple pad

but overall nice work  :beer:

Anfang goes great with that Homer gif in Rotwang's sig. Really nice textures. Something about the panning on your percussion kept it interesting throughout, usually I would feel like it's repetitive but it really adds to the otherworldly dreamlike state. 

Really like blockchain as well. Def agree it could use a chord or a pad, but as a beat it's really fucking solid. You could maybe just add in some distorted bass sound design, fuck structure. Looking forward to more.

You're absolutely right about adding more simple elements, especially like bassline. Actually they're all basic experiments which are recorded while searching a new workflow. In fact, my computer is pretty old (can't change it or go only hardware, since I'm broke as fuck) and that's why I have to find most ideal workflow that can work for me and for my computer as well.

Sometimes I think about selling my basic modular synthesizer (2 osc, 1 vcf, 1 lfo, 2 adsr, lpg, vca, noise source) to buy a field recorder, a sampler and some pedals... or even a drum machine... I have that hidden talent with hardware drum machines :) but it's really hard to decide.

By the way, with this thread and my soundcloud account, I've stepped way out of my comfort zone. Thanks for this.

You're absolutely right about adding more simple elements, especially like bassline. Actually they're all basic experiments which are recorded while searching a new workflow. In fact, my computer is pretty old (can't change it or go only hardware, since I'm broke as fuck) and that's why I have to find most ideal workflow that can work for me and for my computer as well.

Sometimes I think about selling my basic modular synthesizer (2 osc, 1 vcf, 1 lfo, 2 adsr, lpg, vca, noise source) to buy a field recorder, a sampler and some pedals... or even a drum machine... I have that hidden talent with hardware drum machines :) but it's really hard to decide.

By the way, with this thread and my soundcloud account, I've stepped way out of my comfort zone. Thanks for this.

Always glad to see someone taking a risk. That first step is a doozy. Good luck finding the workflow that fits best for you, looking forward to what you produce when you find it.

Well, I don't know what to say. I upload almost every 2-3 days one new stuff. My setup is quite simple: one really basic modular synthesizer and a computer (running renoise + supercollider, audiomulch or numerology... it depends on the mood). Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/0ufer/anfang

Very cinematic! Sounds like it should have been on the WATMM Remakes The Metropolis Soundtrack Album.

Some eerie and reverberated strings on top of this would be super nice ;D

By the way, I quite like this track that I've uploaded earlier. But again, it's like a draft, tbh.

https://soundcloud.com/0ufer/tok

This one was also made in SuperCollider (sequencer) and Renoise (sampler).

Actually when you listen to "anfang" and the other ones, you can even hear the difference between two different workflows. For instance, while the tracks made in Audiomulch sound much more hypnotic, the ones that were created with SuperCollider patterns are more dynamic and direct.

Uuuuhffff... this is sweet. Fuck, I love those tiny toots. You should add some insane reverb to them every now and then. I know some of the quieter ones reverberate more than the loud ones, but still ;)

You need to continue working on this. You know what would be cool... a subtle and pretty deep 4/4 kick to drive it a drive. Even though it'll probably end up being a pretty fast 150bpm 4/4 kick I'm pretty sure it would work out great!

Just browsed through a few of your tracks and I'm digging the sounds. I think, as others have said, a few of them could use one or two more elements. OVerall though, very refreshing! Each one is different and most are quite intricate. 

Just browsed through a few of your tracks and I'm digging the sounds. I think, as others have said, a few of them could use one or two more elements. OVerall though, very refreshing! Each one is different and most are quite intricate. 

Yeah, I know but somehow I really don't like doing an arrangement. These tracks were recorded in one take, and that's it :) That's why I'm searching for an ideal workflow. It should be done really fast, otherwise I can't focus on.

• 3 weeks later...

I like most of the folks here, to me these sound like they need one ore two more Things but I think it's really cool that you're going for this. I dunno, it's quite good and I think if I spent more time and some repeated listens I would appreciate the world you're making and fall in. So I say, keep doing what your adoring and rather than adding leads and all that kind of stuff mess a lot with the phasers and reverts and delays and see if you can get some additional musicality of those. It's a neat project.

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually my approach in this kind of music is quite similar to eastern music. 

Well, it's another level. Somehow this music sounds like a living creature to me. It's so organic and simple.

Archived