IGNORED

Songs that remind you of shit but you dunno why

Tricone RC

Lorenzo Senni - XMonsterX. Reminds me of that scene near the start of Dune (book not fillum) where the Atreides have just settled into their new city and look out from their castle thing into the evening sky, and see the twinkling light signals of Harkonnen spies up in the mountains. Hadn't read Dune for years when I first heard the track, so no idea where the association came from. They're both a bit eerie, I guess?

Share similar experiences if applicable. Otherwise a rolling lol is fine, lol

For some reason Autechre's Further once made me think of a room in a building where I used to go for a pre-school playgroup. I hadn't been there for about 15 years when it happened. The association is stuck now, I seldom hear the track without thinking of the same room.

The first Boards of Canada song I ever heard, Orange Romeda, instantly reminded me of my 6th grade science class, sitting in it looking out the window on a sunny day. Every time I hear that track, it's the first thing that pops into my mind.

There are loads of tracks that always remind me of specific places, sometimes even virtual worlds, despite the fact that I've never listened to these tunes while being at said places/doing the gamings. I subconsciously have random locations in my head a lot of the time and it just feeds into the music. It's quite nice though.

Archived