IGNORED

THE CARETAKER - 'Everywhere at the end of time - Stage Four'

11ls

Yeah I've really not given this the attention it deserves.. sticking it on now for another listen, cheers for reminding me how awesome it is! Need to set some time a side to listen to all 4 in one go as well.

Take Care it's a desert out there is pretty special 2 but again only given it a couple of go's, damn you Ae! :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, struggled to absorb this in the face of so much 'chre

Also feel sorry for u-Ziq and Ceephax who also got kinda brushed aside in the wake of the autechre tsunami.  Will re-visit all.

• 2 months later...

Today was the first time i actually listened to all stages in a row and it was just awesome and unreal and made totally sense.

Thanks Mr. Kirby for this joyful and eerie ride, won't be the last.

I always loved stuff from The Caretaker and Mr.Kirby in general since the vvm days and although I would pick my favourite tracks from other Caretaker Albums, I think this Album is the most consistent and thus the best "Caretaker experience" regarding the whole concept of memories,amnesia.alzheimers, etc.

In a nutshell, great Album

Stage 5 happens in like, what, a month now? Seriously excited for it.

fuck, that's right! I still haven't managed to wrap my head around this stage.. is so dense

it's so fucking good, especially the last two tracks

• 3 months later...

Archived