IGNORED

Khruangbin

joshuatxuk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Never listened to "Rules". Best song I discovered this year. So perfect. I like the live performance more than the studio song. And this is not only because of Laura Lee. But OMG, this song is life.

Khraungbin are quite nice. Good as background music but not arresting enough to want to listen to a full album on headphones for me, Clive.

Needs more amen breaks.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, Blir said:

Khraungbin are quite nice.

I can agree if we all define Autechre and RDJ as "quite nice". i.e. a re-definition of quite nice. Khruangbin are the fuckin' masters of giving me my faith into humanity back, man.

But seriously, sometimes I think - (it wouldn't be Khruangbin then I guess) - they could do some wank wank orgasm Tom Jenkinson/VSnares beats etc... E.g., the ending of August 12 asks for a climax, they built up tension... but they end the track then.

https://youtu.be/3xGHCJT3n6I?t=295

the talk of IDM influence reminds me of the musician that opened for them on tour, pedal steel guitarist Will Van Horn - still no breatbeat wankery though

On 10/2/2019 at 8:59 AM, Wurstwasser said:

But seriously, sometimes I think - (it wouldn't be Khruangbin then I guess) - they could do some wank wank orgasm Tom Jenkinson/VSnares beats etc... E.g., the ending of August 12 asks for a climax, they built up tension... but they end the track then.

agree except for the wanky beats, i think theyll continue to play their instruments. but within that framework id like to see them get more weird on wherever they go next..

On 10/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, markedone said:

agree except for the wanky beats, i think theyll continue to play their instruments. but within that framework id like to see them get more weird on wherever they go next..

I guess it's difficult. I enjoy them going wilder. E.g. in the "Rules" track I love when he plays the guitar distorted at some points (don't know the terminology of guitarists). But OTOH people love Khru because they are so lush (some rude people say "elevator music"). No wildness. If they'd leave that road, they would just be one band out of many.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having a hard time re-listening to these guys... I found them when I was a bit depressed and they shined a bright light in my life but right now every time i listen to the beginning of con todo el mundo the nostalgia is suffocating and como me quieres devastates me emotionally... :''^(

don't wanna sound controversial but i find myself enjoying more their older stuff... apart from some bangers in hasta el cielo, as a whole i don't feel it as much as their previous stuff...

here's a compilation of most of their previous stuff, only missing 2 tracks, bin bin and kick drum receipt...

btw, here's the new single... not too much into it, i'm not too fond of funk... same with evan finds the third room, too funky for me... just venting, opinions are like assholes...

On 9/25/2019 at 6:34 PM, Wurstwasser said:

Never listened to "Rules". Best song I discovered this year. So perfect. I like the live performance more than the studio song. And this is not only because of Laura Lee. But OMG, this song is life.

don't wanna state the obvious but oh my shit she's so fucking hot, look at her go, teasing the photographers...:wub:

I like the new single, would like to hear it in the context of a new album. One thing I'd like them to expand upon would be the rhythm section. The drummer even commented somewhere that all he does is throw down a simple break beat and lets the 2 of them do their thing. 

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

don't wanna state the obvious but oh my shit she's so fucking hot, look at her go, teasing the photographers...

I'm guessing most everyone at that show were starring at her legs the whole time...

On 4/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, Tim_J said:

don't wanna state the obvious but oh my shit she's so fucking hot, look at her go, teasing the photographers...:wub:

Nah, you're the first to recognize ?

16 hours ago, Tim_J said:

are you implying that their music popularity came from her beautiful legs?

It certainly helped, imo.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, dingformung said:

^Can definitely hear the Ethiopian/Eritrean influence but what's Persian about it?

not so strongly on that one, but this one... anyway, i'm under the impression that northeast africa and middle east share a lot of cultural heritage? persian empire? should have used middle east instead... i dunno, i'm a dummie...

Perserreich_500_v_Chr.thumb.jpg.6d2016d0a0ac39bb665ea598188b0ddb.jpg

I don't really know much about Persian music. Seems the Persian empire included parts of Egypt (didn't know that). But modern Persia is just Iran. I've heard a couple of Ethiopian jazz records that were influenced by the local folk music and some Ethiopian folk music compilation of old records and the melodies strongly reminded me on it.

Archived