IGNORED

Khruangbin

joshuatxuk

55 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Perserreich_500_v_Chr.thumb.jpg.6d2016d0a0ac39bb665ea598188b0ddb.jpg

I don't really know much about Persian music. Seems the Persian empire included parts of Egypt (didn't know that). But modern Persia is just Iran. I've heard a couple of Ethiopian jazz records that were influenced by the local folk music and some Ethiopian folk music compilation of old records and the melodies strongly reminded me on it.

Yeah the 1st song I posted is definitely Ethiopia/Eritrean influenced... That's why I said these and not this... I was referring to some of their songs in general... So could you please stop harassing me... Pretty please? 

What if I told you

that if

we travel in time back enough

we all share

a  massive

cultural heritage...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a good persian funk/psych comp https://www.discogs.com/Various-Pomegranates-Persian-Pop-Funk-Folk-And-Psych-Of-The-60s-And-70s/release/2162373

And yeah Khruangbin played a lot of this type of stuff on their excellent Heat Wave radio show on NTS

Also, i had somehow missed, but really love this music video :yeah:

On 4/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, Tim_J said:

On 8/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, Tim_J said:

I'm not too fond of their dub/funk stuff anymore

scratch that... this song is a banger!

this album is fucking great, apart from track n1 and n8 which don't really resonate with me... yet...

15 hours ago, Tim_J said:

this album is fucking great, apart from track n1 and n8 which don't really resonate with me... yet...

I'm slowly coming around to it too...I thought it was disappointing when I first heard it. now I'm thinking maybe that's due to the fact that their first 2 albums are just so good. it's definitely the weakest of the 3, but still, there are some pretty great moments on it. I think if this was released by some unknown band other than Khruangbin, then I would rate it higher (if that makes any sense). just knowing what great guitar lines Mark is capable of (and they're really lacking on this new album) I feel is what adds to some of the disappointment. 

On 8/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, Tim_J said:

no they're not no they're not just keep listening:) i'm actually amazed on how this album is up there with the last 2...

yeah, I mean they're still there, just much more quiet/muted than on the other 2, where the guitar takes lead on most of the tracks.

someone on reddit commented that the 1st 2 were much more "Mark" albums, and this new one is more of a "Laura" album. made me think about what their relationship is like exactly. I always assumed they were involved romantically somehow. I think they mentioned in an interview they both moved out to LA together at some point... dunno if something happened between them that caused Mark to dial the guitar parts down a bit.  

On 8/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Tim_J said:

what a great song:

the only great song on a weak album ... some of the tracks have horrid vocals ?

• 2 weeks later...

gotta agree with @dr lopez here, that merch design comes off looking like some early 00's paul frank knockoff. I'm guessing they were going for the '60s/'70s cartoon look? 

and that hat is a nod to Houston's public transit service - Metro (or "the 'tro" as we called it as kids):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Laura's chin lines are really shitty

It reminds me of the work of a friend of mine some years ago... He would come to me and ask for my opinion and i tried to be completely honest and I'd tell him that the colors are really nice and the theme is pretty cool but you really need to work on your edge lines (there must be a technical term for it I dunno)... He would get pretty mad at me and tell me that it was just my opinion... lol

This was like almost 10 years ago... Nowadays he's a tattoo artist and I checked his Instagram and the drawings still look like shit... Anyway, people tattoo his drawings so i guess it's really just my opinion? No, i guess some people just have really bad taste... 

Archived