IGNORED

Mikron - Severance (CPU)

Extralife

• 3 weeks later...

Got the vinyl copy from CPU a few days back and it's a very nice album. 'Sunken Paths' in particular is really doing it for me, one of the best CPU releases yet I reckon.

Nice. Exited to hear this.

• 2 weeks later...

122798.jpg

Bleep:

"Mikron return to CPU with their second album 'Severance'. The Corcoran brothers refine their critically acclaimed sound which has evolved to be more haunting than the last release. This album is a nostalgic affair with synthetic landscapes washing over you, before propelling you into the distant future. The ambient moments draw parallels with Boards of Canada, Burial and Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2. Their last album sold out fast, so don't sleep on this."

https://bleep.com/release/122798-mikron-severance

Sample are up too.

This is solid as fuck. More atmospheric (and somehow more complete) than their debut album - not that I didn't like that. But this is a different beast altogether. Standouts for me are: Embers, Lyre, Aldergrove, Sunken Paths and Cast on a Clock Face. These alone are worth the price of the album.

Best thing I've heard so far this year.

This is solid as fuck. More atmospheric (and somehow more complete) than their debut album - not that I didn't like that. But this is a different beast altogether. Standouts for me are: Embers, Lyre, Aldergrove, Sunken Paths and Cast on a Clock Face. These alone are worth the price of the album.

Best thing I've heard so far this year.

Agreed.  Mikron is a step above most.  This album kills.

sadly didn’t do much for me even in the third listen. little bit bland. don’t know. not bad but not memorable.

...but Lyre, Sunken Paths??

It really isn’t groundbreaking, but these are my jams lately. Different strokes ?

Hot diggity,  this label has been on my radar for some while now, but i never got to listening to their stuff until this one and it was an insta-buy. currently listening to their earlier one and it's grrrreat. need to dive into the other stuff on the label.

Hot diggity, this label has been on my radar for some while now, but i never got to listening to their stuff until this one and it was an insta-buy. currently listening to their earlier one and it's grrrreat. need to dive into the other stuff on the label.

Add Morphology and Cygnus to your next up.

^holy fucking shit that wind jacket...fresh

In addition to RA mix must toot this VLR mix. VLR is a legend in my books. Always grade A mixes

These two mixes should give a good idea of what CPU is all about :smile:

Archived