IGNORED

Phineus II - Meridian

GetSquirrely

fuck yes!! the first full length P2 release announced by green bay wax today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuBWTcHlJoD

"The Phineus II album has finally been sent off!! Oh good gosh you're in for a treat with this one, jheeeze! GBWLP01 - 3X12" info, pre order and all that good good coming soon :) Big up & bless up!"

so hyped for this  :yeah:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ have to agree, the original sounds better to my ears.

Ye like the original has The 93-95 era sound they're tryna strive for in Green Bay Wax, but the mastering sounds too "modern" and makes it sound like ukno like too "new".. like u kno the sound of Drums'nd'Bass from 2019... sorry mister who-mastered-this i think u a good master man, but pls keep it olde school if u wana be a Ruff ol' school orrrriginal junggalist

like Phineus Mike has 10000 pieces of gear from da 93-95 era, all of his chain is "original".. but then I don't know What the master man uses, does he have 20 year old gare to master or does he use some some whatever VST's and gear from 2018? Like Please.. keep it rale

It's kinda the same like when people buy Buchla synths and stuff and then jus use a mobile telephone to record the sound.. only this mite be even worse? But ye Phineus Michél i love u and your youtube is a sanctuary and u make the best breakful music 

• 1 month later...

very tough to resist those previews, although some of the tracks he's shown already in some of his youtube mixes. still cant wait to see how they fit into the album though

Yep. I’m gonna hold out for the full release. A2 poster and stickers included with the preorder. Treats. The artwork is just perfect.

Also, the release notes there say it's vinyl only and that we need to wait for our wax to listen?

but right below it says it includes unlimited streaming and download.... I'm guessing it's the former which sucks, I want a download..

Also, the release notes there say it's vinyl only and that we need to wait for our wax to listen?

but right below it says it includes unlimited streaming and download.... I'm guessing it's the former which sucks, I want a download..

It’s vinyl only like the rest of GBW releases (although some have digital only bonus tracks).

It’s unlimited streaming of the 128kbps clips only.

Still kinda sucks - just means I'll have to spend a couple of hours ripping them from vinyl, slicing audio etc. They should take down the comment that says "plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more"  …?

But I'm still hyped. 

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3672376896 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=131669681]

first track sounds lovely but what is it with these digitals? Cut off 128kbps files? Is this some sort of elitist thing or.. ? I don't get it.

Is this some sort of elitist thing or.. ? I don't get it.

It’s a vinyl only release much like the rest of GBW releases. Lots of Jungle/dnb labels do this.

It’s a vinyl only release much like the majority of GBW releases. Lots of Jungle/dnb labels do this.

I know. Just curious why they'd cut the tracks after releasing them in 128kbps only. That's bad enough as it is, they could at least upload the full tracks IMO. 

It’s a vinyl only release much like the majority of GBW releases. Lots of Jungle/dnb labels do this.

I know. Just curious why they'd cut the tracks after releasing them in 128kbps only. That's bad enough as it is, they could at least upload the full tracks IMO.

I doubt they’ll release the full tracks in digital at all, even in 128kbps. They don’t usually. It’ll be just those clips and that’s it.

The tracks are playing in full for me, but still, there wont be an HQ download like it says on the page? I want to support the label and the artist especially, the tunes are ridiculous. But I cant justify $55 to only be able to play in my den and get up every 6 minutes. What about my car and backyard bbqs? Kind of sucks for that kind of money!

The tracks are playing in full for me, but still, there wont be an HQ download like it says on the page?

Judging from the track lengths they’re not the full tracks. Caved and listened to the first 2 tracks and they fade out at the end. Doubt that’s how they end and they say ‘128MP3 CLIP’ in the track titles. The HQ download thing is there because bandcamp. No way to get rid of that message. You download flacs of the 128kbps clips.

The tracks are playing in full for me, but still, there wont be an HQ download like it says on the page?

Judging from the track lengths they’re not the full tracks. Caved and listened to the first 2 tracks and they fade out at the end. Doubt that’s how they end and they say ‘128MP3 CLIP’ in the track titles. The HQ download thing is there because bandcamp. No way to get rid of that message. You download flacs of the 128kbps clips.

ah, gotcha.

FLAC of 128k for 55 bones....

Archived