IGNORED

Neural network generated tech death

d-a-m-o

this is the best generation music I've heard since those Microsoft Songsmith memes

Songsmith immediately generates a musical accompaniment after a voice is recorded. The user can adjust tempo, genre (such as pop, R&B, hip-hop, rock, jazz, or reggae), and overall mood (e.g. to make it happy, sad, jazzy, etc.).

The release of the software spawned an internet meme where the vocal tracks of popular songs are fed into the program.

I couldn't catch my breath with that fuckin Morrissey video.

holy lol yes, that was fucking intense

The best songsmith was Billy Idol's "White Wedding" in bluegrass. Can't find a link to it anymore, but goddamn that shit was hot.

The best songsmith was Billy Idol's "White Wedding" in bluegrass. Can't find a link to it anymore, but goddamn that shit was hot.

Bummer, a lot of the ones I recall seem to be dead links.There was a great Oasis one where the tempo shifted at the climax of a chorus that I can't find now.

I'll keep digging for this Idol one, really curious now.

A few years ago you could find a video that wasn't a youtube link, but I can't find it anymore. I think it was daily mail or some site that had its own video player.

It's kind of weird that any lawyer would want to pull it down because of a copyright. It's hilarious and in no way competes with the original. In fact, they should have monetized it instead.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:37 PM, ignatius said:

i hope someone makes robots to algorithmically mosh/fight/slam/to this some day. 

Well, there;s this:

Archived