IGNORED

The Big Ol' Renoise Thread

T3551ER

I just bought this after sketching out a few tracks! Seems ideal for complex beats but still trying to get the hang of writing melodies that don't sound super mechanical in here. Very fun, though. Any tips or tricks would be welcome.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I have the biggest NOOB question in the world.. 

If I have for example one bass sample that is played in F then how do I play it like it should been played in the pattern?
And what happen if I take that F and trigger it as a C? Is it becoming a C or a weird mix between C and F?

Shit my brain is spinning too much around this.. 

7 hours ago, cern said:

Hello!

If I have for example one bass sample that is played in F then how do I play it like it should been played in the pattern?
And what happen if I take that F and trigger it as a C? Is it becoming a C or a weird mix between C and F?

If the sample played as an F, when you play it as a "C" in renoise it will still sound like an F because it is. And if you play a D it will sound like an G. If you want the note names in renoise to match up instead, you'll have to get the same sample in C, to do this just play it 5 semitones lower, so play a G (in renoise), resample that then use it as the sample for a new instrument. I think theres a tool mentioned earlier in the thread that does this automatically though. My notes could be wrong and i may have misinterpreted you, its early

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cern said:

Hello!

An easy way to do this is by just setting the "Base Note".

Go to Sampler, then select the Keyzones tab, below the Keyzone grid there's Base Note. Just set it to F-appropriate octave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cern said:

It's Windows 10 so I guess you can play around with every DAW there is lol 

yeah.. latest renoise is compatible w/raspberry pi or something.. so i guess it's more flexible than ever for install options. 

Main features: MacOS M1 ARM Support - Raspberry PI ARM Support - MacOS Metal Rendering - Windows WASAPI Audio - Ableton Link Support

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:37 PM, cern said:

Hello!

Just fyi, there is also a tool that will analyze a sample and automatically pitch adjust it to "C" so that when you play C it's a C. Search tools over at the Renoise site

Edit: https://www.renoise.com/tools/easy-tune

Edited by T3551ER
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Renoise bump!

I totally missed the new 3.4 Update now supporting M1 and Raspberry Pi. 
https://forum.renoise.com/t/renoise-3-4-0-redux-1-3-0-released/66685

I wish there were more built in sound features in Renoise like in Furnace,  Redux is so boring. In Furnace here u can choose different sound engines and tons of different Sound Chips and Modes like from Amiga, Sega Genesis, OPL3 etc.. It is so dope!