IGNORED

What the fuck is this

Guest YMBD

"The new tracks that Boards do introduce are, on the whole, as beguiling and evocative as would be expected. Left Side Drive is a neon smeared, top down excursion; wind buffeting the intricately layered rhythms as plastic melodies stretch and melt into the horizon. The gorgeous vignette of Heard from Telegraph Lines loops a luminscent eavesdropped melody, as if BoC, as God's next door neighbours, have a glass (and microphone) pushed up against the wall. Less satisfying is Skyliner; a first in that it sounds like Boards of Canada treading water - fragments of reheated melodies are teased out against tumbling beats but these disparate flourishes prove far from cohesive. The static crackle snapshot of Under The Coke Sign illuminates an urban twilight stillness in the same way as Micheal Mann's film Collateral, but its brief glide teases rather than delights."

By Some One who linked to shutterbug someshit

Guest nannystatenoise
"The new tracks that Boards do introduce are, on the whole, as beguiling and evocative as would be expected. Left Side Drive is a neon smeared, top down excursion; wind buffeting the intricately layered rhythms as plastic melodies stretch and melt into the horizon. The gorgeous vignette of Heard from Telegraph Lines loops a luminscent eavesdropped melody, as if BoC, as God's next door neighbours, have a glass (and microphone) pushed up against the wall. Less satisfying is Skyliner; a first in that it sounds like Boards of Canada treading water - fragments of reheated melodies are teased out against tumbling beats but these disparate flourishes prove far from cohesive. The static crackle snapshot of Under The Coke Sign illuminates an urban twilight stillness in the same way as Micheal Mann's film Collateral, but its brief glide teases rather than delights."

By Some One who linked to shutterbug someshit

pretensious but rather accurate

yeah, the more recent boc stuff in general hasn't done it for me. kind of a dick way to put it, but he's sort of saying what i'm thinking, just, you know, not as dickish.

Guest cakeface

skyliner is the best track on that weak ep

whoever wrote that review needs to take a die.

"The gorgeous vignette of Heard from Telegraph Lines loops a luminscent eavesdropped melody, as if BoC, as God's next door neighbours, have a glass (and microphone) pushed up against the wall."

what are you, gay??

Guest mushroom
The gorgeous vignette of Heard from Telegraph Lines loops a luminscent eavesdropped melody, as if BoC, as God's next door neighbours, have a glass (and microphone) pushed up against the wall.

Hahaha, that sounds like something the Will Ferrell parody of James Lipton would say.

Though it is a lovely track.

"Left Side Drive is a neon smeared, top down excursion; wind buffeting the intricately layered rhythms as plastic melodies stretch and melt into the horizon."

well-put or complete nonsense

it does read nicely though, hahaha

"The gorgeous vignette of Heard from Telegraph Lines loops a luminscent eavesdropped melody, as if BoC, as God's next door neighbours, have a glass (and microphone) pushed up against the wall."

what are you, gay??

Well, I'm gay and I totally agree with his comment on the track, so he must be...

I don't understand why people aren't enjoying Skyliner. The last time I was this moved by a BoC track was Gyroscope the first time I listened to Geogaddi. Skyliner's basically been on repeat one for 2 months and I'm not even tired of it...if that makes me weird forgive me.

gyroscope is rubbish

ex plan

I don't understand why people aren't enjoying Skyliner. The last time I was this moved by a BoC track was Gyroscope the first time I listened to Geogaddi. Skyliner's basically been on repeat one for 2 months and I'm not even tired of it...if that makes me weird forgive me.

ditto

Archived