IGNORED

Daedelus - The Bittereinders

thumbass

this at least seems to have the potential to be interesting. vocals sound really sloppy like a first take or something, not liking that all. 'righteous fists of harmony' is probably my favorite album of his after 'invention'. daedelus has a tendency to be extremely hit-or-miss.

48 minutes ago, Salvatorin said:

this at least seems to have the potential to be interesting. vocals sound really sloppy like a first take or something, not liking that all. 'righteous fists of harmony' is probably my favorite album of his after 'invention'. daedelus has a tendency to be extremely hit-or-miss.

I agree, the vocals don't really so anything for me but the the rest of the track sounds great. I agree that this guy is very hit or miss. I generally dislike his tracks with guest vocalists but I love the daedelus only tracks

The Light Brigade is a solid piece of work.  Like, my favorite piece of work from Daedalus in I don't know, a decade.  I'm pretty sure nobody listened to it but it's minimal, intimate stuff.  It takes me places I don't normally go, and I don't often put it on.

When I stack it next to his other recents (Labyrinths, Taut?) I'm baffled, I don't get it.  Really.

But I'm a little hyped for another history-album.  and I kinda like anticipating a return-to-form, the track here is pretty cool.  I'm into the raw half-assed singing over what's grinding, this is good.  I want raw fuckery tbh.

Massive Daedelus fan here.   Agree with almost everyone’s sentiments above.   His latest full lengths have been pretty mediocre, lacking something.   But Light Brigade was something else.  Not digging this Veldt track at all, but if at least a couple of the tracks on here get to the level of Light Brigade I’ll be happy.  To you others that like Light Brigade, have you listened to his full length collab album with his wife Laura Darlington “The Long Lost”?   Awesome release if you can acquire the taste for her voice.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, lyst said:

Massive Daedelus fan here.   Agree with almost everyone’s sentiments above.   His latest full lengths have been pretty mediocre, lacking something.   But Light Brigade was something else.  Not digging this Veldt track at all, but if at least a couple of the tracks on here get to the level of Light Brigade I’ll be happy.  To you others that like Light Brigade, have you listened to his full length collab album with his wife Laura Darlington “The Long Lost”?   Awesome release if you can acquire the taste for her voice.

What was so interesting about the light brigade? 

I am personally really enjoy Veldt atm

On 9/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, thumbass said:

What was so interesting about the light brigade? 

I personally really enjoy Veldt atm

I think it's the same reason why someone would like Boards of Canada over Autechre, or vice versa.

Light Brigade is all about flowing emotive melodies (boc) while Veldt kind of builds it's own little planet of rough and tumultuous sounds (ae).

I've always gravitated towards the prior.

10 hours ago, lyst said:

I think it's the same reason why someone would like Boards of Canada over Autechre, or vice versa.

Light Brigade is all about flowing emotive melodies (boc) while Veldt kind of builds it's own little planet of rough and tumultuous sounds (ae).

I've always gravitated towards the prior.

Light brigade was too acoustic for me I guess. Don't get me wrong though, I prefer BoC over Ae.

18 hours ago, thumbass said:

Light brigade was too acoustic for me I guess. Don't get me wrong though, I prefer BoC over Ae.

Yah mate.  Not gonna lie I'm a bigtime sucker for great folksy guitar.  Blame it on early Bibio lol.

It's okay, the songs are more on the ambient side but it makes them sound a bit samey. Apart from Veldt of course... Will have to dive into this more but on first listen I think its good but its not invetnion level good

7 hours ago, thumbass said:

It's okay, the songs are more on the ambient side but it makes them sound a bit samey. Apart from Veldt of course... Will have to dive into this more but on first listen I think its good but its not invetnion level good

Leaving for vacation on Sunday will try to hold off on listening until that to have something to do while traveling.  Ambient perks my interest tho.  

8 minutes ago, lyst said:

Leaving for vacation on Sunday will try to hold off on listening until that to have something to do while traveling.  Ambient perks my interest tho.  

The rest of the album (other than maybe one track) doesn't sound like Veldt at all

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting I remember Alfred saying to not rely too much on reverb in your music a few years back.  Now his music, including this, is just a bunch of reverb lol.

Archived