IGNORED

Amsterdam Holiday - Tip offs?

Polytrix

Hi Everyone! 

I'm in the dam 21st-25th March staying in an airbnb in Haarlem. 

Anyone from the area of got some good tip offs? I'd like to go for a walk near the coast potentially and generally spend some time in lush nature: I'm assuming there are forests/woodlands to go to?

Id also like to spend some time record shopping and maybe catch something live.. any tip offs?

Trying to keep it relatively cheapish.

cheers!

Lush forests do not exist in the Netherlands but you can rent a bike and cycle from Haarlem to the beach. There’s a national park (“park” being the operative word here) that covers some of the dune landscape between Haarlem and the beach.

If you’re into craft beer, one of the first significant craft beer breweries of the Netherlands has a café inside a former church.

If you’re into art, Frans Hals lived and worked in Haarlem and there’s a neat - but small - museum that shows some of his last works.

And speaking of museums: there’s one called Teyler’s museum which, while small, is an awesome old fashioned cabinet of curiosities. Really, really worth a visit, even if they don’t have anything specific going on.

For shows: the local venue is called Patronaat. They’re not bad.

Finally, of course, the city itself is quite nice and worth a stroll - and much, much less crowded than Amsterdam.

As for Amsterdam, I’m sure a guide book on the internet will tell you more than I could. Amsterdam is also where I’d go for record shopping.

Have fun!

love it how you goofs are like ''yay amsterdam.. buy drugs and sex worker" dammit if one of those pieces of pussy was to drop their pants and reveal their raggedy ass labia you'd start squirtin so fucking hard you'd make the geeks in American Pie look like the quintessential male adobis from aftershave ads

41 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Send a pm to @Herr Jan... 

But yeah drugs and sex workers (don't really know of a non derogatory term) if you're into that... :^) 

They refer to themselves as hookers. If I was living in rural Rumania I would consider selling my body in Amsterdam, too. 50€ for 15 min, that's a really good wage.

34 minutes ago, Schlitze said:

love it how you goofs are like ''yay amsterdam.. buy drugs and sex worker" dammit if one of those pieces of pussy was to drop their pants and reveal their raggedy ass labia you'd start squirtin so fucking hard you'd make the geeks in American Pie look like the quintessential male adobis from aftershave ads

Nahhh, only if they dropped their pants and revealed an enormous hard cock... 

Was gonna recommend rush hour as well. Also the red light records shop is with while for all kinds of exotic/obscure stuff. 

if you’re into beers at all I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the oedipus brewery/bar in noord. They’re open from wednesdays till Sunday if irc, de prael in the center is good as well, fairly cheap as well for craft beer standards etc.  

there’s plenty of nice nature around haarlem/towards the coast, rent a bike if you can. 
They’re probably closed rn but Woodstock is a nice place to go for drinks on the beach. They used to put on nice shows as well but not sure what’s going on right now. 
ot301 is a nice venue in Amsterdam. 

Hortus botanicus botanical gardens are alright as well, not super impressive but worth a visit imho. I forgot which one but there’s a plant that Oliver sacks always used to visit when he was there (what an incredibly pointless little tidbit there) 

city beach oerkap in haarlem is ok-ish. I rent a small studio space there, I might be around to have a beer if you like. Feel free to hmu. 

Well that's incredibly kind! I might just do that thank you! I'll comeback to this thread nearer the time and send out some messages. Weird exotic/obscure records is very much my thing, love experimental stuff basically. Inspires me to create. 

Archived