IGNORED

What do you think of Godspeed You! Black Emperor?

beerwolf

19 hours ago, chronical said:

finally we get to hear this! really enjoyed my first listen, GY!BE with shorter songs is my jam, i'm usually a bit put off by 20 minute songs. acid memories when?

the thing about unreleased boc being leaked is that its always good, on par with if not better than official releases in a different dimension that the official releases lack.  if i could choose any unreleased music to have, itd be acid memories

I like GYBE a bunch. The newly leaked demo which many of us fans were curious about for years and years, was unsurprisingly, not great. Had a few interesting moments which came and went too quickly

• 2 weeks later...

http://vishkhanna.com/

Efrim Manuel Menuck discusses the recent, unauthorized release of All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling, which was a cassette he released in 1994 and attributed to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, the complete history of the contents of this tape, plans for its (now) official release, other future plans, and more!

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but will soon.

Edited by randomsummer

I mean, the tape is alright I guess. There are some definite highlights but nothing crazy, as expected. It's pretty wild that it was a myth that people labored and obsessed over for like 27 years and just like that it is on Apple Music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1