IGNORED

Look what I bought!!!!!

TheBro

44 minutes ago, thawkins said:

How many squid did you waste this time?

£80 not bad. It's really a good little drum machine and very loud too!! ?

Are you gonna get a dinsync mod? You can basically only use this as master now right? 

Lovely little machine though, and at least it has a trig out

2 hours ago, Berk said:

Are you gonna get a dinsync mod? You can basically only use this as master now right? 

Lovely little machine though, and at least it has a trig out

Nah I will leave it untouched. I don't like to mod machines. It will just have to be the master in any set up!! ?

I did a DINsync mod on one of these about 5 years ago and i worked but it wasn't that great.  It kept the tempo in sync but getting it to start and stop in time with an external source was fuzzy at best (usually it was just easier to accept that it was going to be a dozen or so tics behind everything else, record it and then line it up in the DAW). It worked OK if your master clock generated DINsync natively (or at least it worked well with a x0xb0x, the only thing I had) but using MIDI clock to DINsync converters didn't work very well at all.  I wouldn't recommend it.

My firs tthought was that price was a little steep, Mine was about $90USD when I got it in maybe 2018 and that was about average.

Checked eBay and holy shit things have gotten expensive since I went more or less all-DIY (except for a couple cheap 80s pedals that I couldn't pass up) two years ago.

13 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

My firs tthought was that price was a little steep, Mine was about $90USD when I got it in maybe 2018 and that was about average.

Checked eBay and holy shit things have gotten expensive since I went more or less all-DIY (except for a couple cheap 80s pedals that I couldn't pass up) two years ago.

I know prices have really sky rocketed for hardware. I had to haggle on the price to get it down lol. I think relatively speaking I got a good bargain though ha ha. Although that said the prices people want on ebay and actual prices tend to differ.

Nah, I looked on US eBay and a D-110 can easily break $200 USD now.

Anyway, the D-110 may have my favorite clap of all time.

EDIT: I obviously meant DR-110 here, I always do that.

The D-110 was free.

I’ve seen prices for formerly worthless, because digital, 90s stuff slowly climb up for about a year now. Started right about the time when I began entertaining the thought of purchasing such a device.

The D-series has easily doubled in price. Used to be you could get a D-110 for  €150 if you refused to bargain (but 100 was more common). Now you have sellers that open at €300. Ridiculous.

I bought my D110 for £35 no lie and I probably could have got it lower but prices have definitely gone up. For instance people are asking £500 for Akai MPC 500 is nuts. That thing was worth £100 before and its not even vintage lol.

35 squid is about what it’s worth to me. Fun toy, but since I’m not too deeply into 90s nostalgia I probably wouldn’t invest enough time into studying it sufficiently in depth to truly make it work.

Maybe, just maybe, a Kawai XD5 would be worth something to me for its Mouse on Mars pedigree, but those unfortunately never seem to pop up.

I meant DR-110 not D-110.

DR-110 has a great clap and has about doubled in price in the last couple years over here.  80 squid is not bad at all these days from the look of it.

I think the Boss D-110 is pretty powerful for an analogue drum machine and for £80 a relative bargain considering it has the LCD screen and fairly decent analogue voices. Its only short coming is the lack of syncing options.

Archived