IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Stephen King: Under The Dome & Cell (both rereads)

i loved under the dome. cell any good?

i realised i never finished kurt vonnegut - breakfast of champions, so i might do that one. i remember quite a few lols (read the first quarter)

Guest bitroast

Stephen King: Under The Dome & Cell (both rereads)

i loved under the dome. cell any good?

i realised i never finished kurt vonnegut - breakfast of champions, so i might do that one. i remember quite a few lols (read the first quarter)

I need to read this. slaughter house five was a fun read.

Nah, cell is fucking awful. Still an ok read if you're an SK obsessive (yup) and don't mind the novel eq of a £ shop horror DVD.

Currently rereading Duma Key. THIS one IS worth your time.

Breakfast of Champions may well be my favorite Vonnegut novel. Yes, you need to.

Not sure if this is allowed but a book I wrote is currently free on Amazon should you want a free kindle book about a detective trying to rescue a child held hostage without being able to tell anyone. Should be free for another day or so, and even when not free is under a £1/$1.

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IDVR0ME/ref=docs-os-doi_0

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Rescue-Children-That-Dont-Exist-ebook/dp/B00IDVR0ME

It should also be free in whatever you're country you're in, but I don't want to jam up the thread with a hundred + links so apologies.

Going by reviews alone, my book was better received in America than the UK. I prefer the American review myself.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I tend to forget about my Kindle.

Nah, cell is fucking awful. Still an ok read if you're an SK obsessive (yup) and don't mind the novel eq of a £ shop horror DVD.

Currently rereading Duma Key. THIS one IS worth your time.

Breakfast of Champions may well be my favorite Vonnegut novel. Yes, you need to.

Didn't think id like cell. Duma key is great. Not as great but good is from a Buick 8.

I'm into sci-fi so I already know breakfast of champions is the best choice for me.

You know SK doesn't know the endings of his stories, he just creates characters & a predicament & describes them worming their way out of it. 'if I dont know how it ends how will my readers?' . Genius

Edited by lala

Well acquainted with house of leaves :spiteful:

1408 the story is one of the best things he's done (the film is shiiiit)

Yeah, SK takes the intuitive thing to the extreme. That's why we have the phenomenon known as 'Stephen King Ending Syndrome'

Has anyone read Through the Woods by Emily Carroll yet? I might spam this thread until at least one person does, hello spiral do you work at Waterstones or did I dream that?

Guest bitroast

Has anyone read Through the Woods by Emily Carroll yet?

no!! I want to!! have too many things to catch up on as it is.

Has anyone read Through the Woods by Emily Carroll yet?

no!! I want to!! have too many things to catch up on as it is.

You'll probably have it read in under an hour and it's fucking awesome, beautiful art too.

332613.jpg

only just getting into the good, horrible, nasty stuff.

this book.. at page 107 now and as per usual, i slow down reading because it is sinking in.

sinking

sinking

The Chief perspective is really amazing: the memories, connections, experience, Chronics, Acutes, Nurse Ratched and her spider wed, the machinery of the institute, bald-faced PR dude, doc, and the lack of dance of laugther. the horrible music that plays on repeat everyday. it's a direct attack on the human soul and spirit. it's nasty. nasty business

Finished 'Now Wait for Last Year' and 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'. Excellent Philp K Dick novels as usual. I've yet to be disappointed with any of his novels and short stories. Except maybe the ending for 'The Cosmic Puppets' which felt like a typical 50s 'just wrap it up in a bow' sci-fi ending. I'm planning to read as many novels of his as I can before jumping into the VALIS trilogy.

hello spiral do you work at Waterstones or did I dream that?

Sprillian works at Waterstones.

Meaning I can get 50% off with her staff discount :D

Ah, I was close. Ask her nicely to get you Through the Woods, it'll be like 6 quid, well worth it.

Edited by tec