IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Some books I read in the last five or so weeks..

Haruki Murakami - Dance Dance Dance
Yann Martel - Life of Pi
Vladimir Bartol - Alamut
Haruki Murakami - Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman
Haruki Murakami - South of the Border, West of the Sun
Thomas Pynchon - Bleeding Edge
Now reading Oliver Sacks' Hallucinations and Scatter, Adapt, and Remember: How Humans Will Survive a Mass Extinction by Annalee Newitz.

Have you read this one yet?

41E4%2BfttDjL.jpg

My favorite Murakami book, and essential if you're a fan of him. Impossible to put down!

Yes, I read it last year. One of my favorites also.

Just received Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage (so long a title!) by Murakami, in a nifty hardcover.

BuXYJvuCcAAYZpe.png

This one seems like it's a massive departure for Murakami--the main character doesn't listen to jazz! Or eat fancy meals!

Just received Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage (so long a title!) by Murakami, in a nifty hardcover.

BuXYJvuCcAAYZpe.png

This one seems like it's a massive departure for Murakami--the main character doesn't listen to jazz! Or eat fancy meals!

Hm I still have to check out that one. Last Murakami I read were the 1q84 books, which were really nice.

I'm reading Greg Egan - Diaspora atm. Now that's some hard scifi, I'm kind of blown away.

BuXYJvuCcAAYZpe.png

Hm I still have to check out that one. Last Murakami I read were the 1q84 books, which were really nice.

It only came out in the last two days so it's no surprise you've not read it yet. Unless you're Japanese or Philip Gabriel.

Just noticed that it comes with a book of stickers! How fancy.

Finally got around to reading some more PK Dick after Sean was talking about him in the AAA thread - "The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch". It was alright. I feel like it's going to be a while before I really get the point but I think it's something to do with drugs, egotism, and how you can't go home.

Have you read this one yet?

41E4%2BfttDjL.jpg

My favorite Murakami book, and essential if you're a fan of him. Impossible to put down!

Pretty great. I was getting into Susumu Yokota's "Laputa" while I read this so the two are permanently linked for me.

Stephen King: Under The Dome & Cell (both rereads)

PKD: Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said. This is only the third PKD I've read after The Penultimate Truth and Do Androids Dream... Starting to see (or imagine) a pattern or style emerge now. Will def keep grabbing his stuff whenever they pop up in the charity shops I grab my books from.

Martin Amis: Time's Arrow. Was very impressed by this. Had no idea he wrote experimental novels. Shades of Vonnegut.

Now I'm just about to start Andrew Davies: Dirty Faxes.

I'll be spending this coming week in the White Mountains of New Hampshire doing community service/trail building, and during my stay I'll be starting Capote's Other Voices, Other Rooms. Figured it would be a bit more fitting to the environment than my other current read (Burroughs cut up trilogy) xD

Besides those, I'm also reading Dubliners and Portrait of the Artist for the first time, as I found a beautiful old hardcover edition for 7 bucks.

Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki 10/10

Solid Murakami, all the things you wanted wrapped up nicely and plenty left out in the open for you to ponder forever, along with that melancholy he does so uniquely. And it's shorter than 1Q84 so double plus!

Not sure if this is allowed but a book I wrote is currently free on Amazon should you want a free kindle book about a detective trying to rescue a child held hostage without being able to tell anyone. Should be free for another day or so, and even when not free is under a £1/$1.

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IDVR0ME/ref=docs-os-doi_0

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Rescue-Children-That-Dont-Exist-ebook/dp/B00IDVR0ME

It should also be free in whatever you're country you're in, but I don't want to jam up the thread with a hundred + links so apologies.

Going by reviews alone, my book was better received in America than the UK. I prefer the American review myself.

Edited by Bechuga