IGNORED

First song on Windowlicker Music Video...

Guest AnotherUselessPwn

Guest AnotherUselessPwn

Does anyone know what the title is of the first song on the Windowlicker music video? It is the one that is playing while the two are driving in the car at the beginning.

Theres something about the scratching noise in it that makes that part of the video 10x funnier than it would have been. It has such a wierd rediculous quality to it. Know what i mean?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hrdvsion
Theres something about the scratching noise in it that makes that part of the video 10x funnier than it would have been. It has such a wierd rediculous quality to it. Know what i mean?

heh, i have to say i really like that scratching....

all i know is that it's windowlicker...and i think it's a pretty amazing version....i'd by that on vinyl...as well as that version that is on the japanese release that's a loop just repeating over and over....(at least i think it's on the japan release)

Guest rezpeni
The track was made specially for the video and is not on any release as a separate track. There were rumours that Luke Vibert did it, but that is unconfirmed.

Vibert didn't do it Afx did it.

• 3 weeks later...

Turn it up real loud and you can hear a high pitched tone coming from the TV where it was recorded from and then mixed in some sort of wave editor program

I didn't do it.. just found it online.

I know that, but still... a lot of people think that this is the real shit!

Guest Quietus

Turn it up real loud and you can hear a high pitched tone coming from the TV where it was recorded from and then mixed in some sort of wave editor program

I didn't do it.. just found it online.

I know that, but still... a lot of people think that this is the real shit!

Well it has been cleared up now.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Incidentally, in the Aphex Twin live set from 1997-01-02, between Heliosphan and Inkey$ (32:21 into the recording), there's something that sounds like an early version of the Windowlicker limousine's noise. Presumably it was originally a picture or something, as it's more of a screech than what you might call music. :)

Ooh, it's in other live sets of that era too. I guess it was probably just something he was tinkering around with for a while, and it came in handy when they needed a sound effect...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Black Calx

I always wanted Richard to do some sort of bastardized electronic Hip Hop after hearing that tune, you never know what he has in store so here's hoping he releases it in some shape or form :)

is this the best copy the internet has to offer?

No. Someone got a bit "creative" with that...

Here's just that section from the video.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2620795/Aphex%20Twin%20-%20Windowlicker%20%28wack%20homie%20intro%20theme%29.mp3

it is a shame that it wasn't on any versions of the single, because some of those demo versions aren't anywhere near as good or interesting as this. actually i'd say that theyre among his weakest material. but this is pretty great and couldve been expanded just a bit to make what couldve been one of his better tracks, up there with flim maybe. well, maybe not flim but approaching that echelon

Archived