IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My So-Called Life

Didn't really like the last couple, but this sounds quite fun. Sounds a bit like Snares' Hello Everything, a bit of a retrospective. Haters are still going to hate, this is definitely Funk in full effect. Getting a very Doll Doll Doll feel from Aaron2. Plus a Hajnal VIP! This is on a new sublabel of Mu, Timesig. Looking forwards to the now traditional sarky press release.

http://www.planet.mu/discography/TIMESIG001

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm kind of disappointed by this to be honest, not only am i irritated by the constant amen abuse but i am really over the snares being used as a xylophone.

the basslines and hoovers sound more like midlines.

i'm kinda convinced that aaron has rushed this album.

as much as i love aaron one thing that saskrotch said to me that always stuck was "you heard one snares song you pretty much heard em all" and it's just kinda true

i'd like to hear the dark elements one more time and have him just get fucking perverted with an album that was over produced

Guest Lube Saibot

Wasn't really feeling it 'till I got to Who Wants Cake? and Welfare Wednesday and realized it's just him taking the piss for 2010. A bit disappointing, but lovable. I'm happy for him that he's got puppy love keeping him away from his computer for too long.

Loyally awaiting another of his bouts of depression or longing though.

edit: Ultraviolent Junglist is effing mental, and hajnal2 was the biggest fucking disappointment

Guest Sir Winston

I realised I fell out of love with Snares about 2 years ago went to see him with a mate and just went 'I want to leave now I am tired'.

No one will take rossig from me though. No one.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

ok, I know I've heard those vocals on welfare wednesday before, but I'm not sure if it was the snares track itself or something else. anybody have a clue?

I came seven times.

ok, I know I've heard those vocals on welfare wednesday before, but I'm not sure if it was the snares track itself or something else. anybody have a clue?

I can weigh in and say that the main words of "Lucky me, lucky you" are from Cassius's "Sound of Violence" but I've always assumed that those were sampled.

LOL the Welfare Wednesday lyrics.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

so, no one else remembers hearing the "in your punani" vocals before? It was probably something linked to from watmm; it might not have even been snares related.

Guest AcrossCanyons

this sounds fucking dope. sounds more accessible than previous snares, and that's a good thing. (his most accessible are usually his best)

Haven't checked out the samples (or are they full tracks?) but I'm excited.

They're just samples considering only one is over 2 minutes long.

so, no one else remembers hearing the "in your punani" vocals before? It was probably something linked to from watmm; it might not have even been snares related.

yeah, i remember thinking at the time that someone did a V.Snares parody :facepalm:

I dunno I'm liking the tracks better and I think his production has improved in some way, like really play this and Detrimentalist side by side. I just don't like how it's kind of devoid of theme like 'here's a bunch of tracks kthxbye', even if it's the same album cycle dark/horror album/'artificial' album/ravey album/orchestral album I'd rather hear a strong theme even though treading over familiar territory

sample on aaron2 is The Little Drummer Boy isn't it? It just had that rudolph the red-nosed reindeer etc. puppet christmas special sound to it

hajnal2 doesn't seem like it's even trying to hold up to the original but it interests me, isn't this the same stuff he does at live shows

I dunno, something's a little more right and a little more wrong with the production, but it might just be planet mu player fudging it up

I have a feeling that the proper album will be some EP like it seemed everybody loved Horsey Noises not so much Filth

I dunno I'm liking the tracks better and I think his production has improved in some way, like really play this and Detrimentalist side by side. I just don't like how it's kind of devoid of theme like 'here's a bunch of tracks kthxbye', even if it's the same album cycle dark/horror album/'artificial' album/ravey album/orchestral album I'd rather hear a strong theme even though treading over familiar territory

sample on aaron2 is The Little Drummer Boy isn't it? It just had that rudolph the red-nosed reindeer etc. puppet christmas special sound to it

hajnal2 doesn't seem like it's even trying to hold up to the original but it interests me, isn't this the same stuff he does at live shows

I dunno, something's a little more right and a little more wrong with the production, but it might just be planet mu player fudging it up

I have a feeling that the proper album will be some EP like it seemed everybody loved Horsey Noises not so much Filth

I kind of agree. Though I'm totally okay with albums having no theme. I must say it does remind me a lot of Detrimentalist in ways, which isn't bad.

Filth is awesome, as is Horsey Noises. :snares:

Hajnal2 seems like an interesting idea, but yeah it seemed a lot like his live stuff, but it may turn out really well. I must say, I love Aaron's cheese he puts in.

Archived