IGNORED

Death Grips - Government Plates

Nebraska

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uh oh

I agree A LITTLE with what this guy says... but a 6 ?!?!

What is a 10 for this dude? Really, 6s should be reserved for people who put out bad albums. I bet this guy will go back and look at this review at some point and feel like a fool.

Plus, OG got the record FOR FREE!

You're really going to give a 6 to one of the most original, creative and exciting bands out there after they gave you an album for free?

Guest Gravity

uh oh

What is a 10 for this dude? Really, 6s should be reserved for people who put out bad albums. I bet this guy will go back and look at this review at some point and feel like a fool.

You're really going to give a 6 to one of the most original, creative and exciting bands out there after they gave you an album for free?

He actually gave TMS a 10, NLDW a 9 and Exmilitary an 8 so I donno what he sees so wrong with this one. Haven't watched the review tho.

uh oh

he's got good ears but just reviews everything too soon, he should spend more time listening to a record

5/10 for yeezus fucking lol

Guest Gravity

Gave it a 6 probably cause its a bit shit.

I don't understand why some of you think its so amazing...?

They production ghastly and the songs are boring...

Homie, you cray cray.

Guest Gravity

Tell me what's so good about it?

I was just messing around, but what I enjoy about it you think is shit so there's really no point. People just like different things.

I just think people are all hyped that its some crazy ass new awesome shit that's super creative...

Sounds like early 90's industrial which is fine cause that's what it is.

I think they're more hype than anything.

But that's just like my opinion yo!

I just think people are all hyped that its some crazy ass new awesome shit that's super creative...

I think they're more hype than anything.

But that's just like my opinion yo!

I found the second side much better than the first, if you didn't listen to the second half, maybe give it a go.

That's similar to my opinion for this album actually. Exmilitary on the other hand really does have original sounds, as well as TMS. But NLDW and Government Plates are underwhelming.

uh oh

Fantano's video review

I haven't checked for sure, but he clearly mentions that he gave a 10 and album of the year to The Money Store of the same group. How is the form of distribution can change the value of music? Your arguments are very pop music territory, where brands and trademarks mean everything. Reviewers in hyped magazines receive every gold platinum limited edition for free, so that's why they praise shit?

I'm also underwhelmed by this record, though i'm not that much of a fan (less than Fantano, for sure). The opening track and video for it made me wet and that's it.

Honestly I feel like NLDW and Government Plates are just less interesting, less original versions of The Money Store. Exmilitary was sweet because it sounds like something I would listen to while skateboarding. It was super punk rock, like 60s-80s style. It had some really original stuff on it. I've heard few songs like Spread Eagle Cross the Block that manage to sound so angry and so laid back. TMS was a dive into the electronic, digital side of things, more urban and more anti-system, and more paranoid. NLDW did expand on this, and became very digital, but just wasn't as interesting or original in my opinion. And Government plates, while musically better than NLDW to my ears, really doesn't do much more. Great songs on em, lots of fun, but nothing like the beasts that were the first two.

ok youre right g

there are small handfuls of really really good career highlight trax on both of the last albums

but not enuff to live up to the topness of tms and em

i disagree. just because it's free doesn't mean it's good or deserves a good review. personally i like the fact that fantano didn't like this album as much, because i like to hear different opinions than my own- and to hear how the reached those opinions, especially on something like music where both of us (me and whoever) are listening to the same thing but hearing something completely different.

Known for it and Hustle Bones are so fucking good.

best track on Exmilitary imo

Oh man, that and I Want it I Need it and Klink and Spread Eagle Cross the Block. And the first couple minutes of Beware are fucking amazing too. I can't even decide.

The way I see it, their albums are getting progressively weaker, but the tracks seem to be getting better in various aspects.

MC Ride is simply a character created by Burnett, right? Anyone know what the story of this character is? I remember hearing somewhere that he was killed off last album. Idk.

MC Ride is simply a character created by Burnett, right? Anyone know what the story of this character is? I remember hearing somewhere that he was killed off last album. Idk.

I don't think so. I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Archived