IGNORED

Call for female electronic Musicians

StephenG - did you just try to allude to females not being good at musics, because 'they' dominate the pop music scene?

talk about broad sweeping statements oversimplifying everything

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(opens "seeking white artists only for white man event" thread*)

The funny thing is, Mr. G, is that you can do that. You're allowed to open such a thread. Who tells you you can't? No-one will shoot it down. This is a free world!

I mean, MadameChaos is allowed to have a female only thread and she doesn't get any negative posts saying she...ah, wait, she did. Never mind.

Are you implying that such thread wouldn't get negative response? There will always be someone who feels left out, stepheng just let his opinion out (even if I would have been happier he didn't), going full whiteknight is unnecessary.

I would never do that of course, it would be as ridiculous as this thread.

Calling attention to something creates awareness of it. If something or some group of people is largely ignored, then how can they gain this so-called merit for which you speak?

Are they lacking in attention because they are female, or do men have a more innate ability to make good sounding music? That I don't know, but I do know that the pop scene is dominated by female artists.

Seems like they are doing just fine to me. If anything there should be a thread promoting male pop artists.

They lack the attention because this has been the thinking for centuries regarding women and the arts overall.

There are many female pop singers but please name me 3 female pop producers.

The funny thing is, Mr. G, is that you can do that. You're allowed to open such a thread. Who tells you you can't? No-one will shoot it down. This is a free world!

I mean, MadameChaos is allowed to have a female only thread and she doesn't get any negative posts saying she...ah, wait, she did. Never mind.

Are you implying that such thread wouldn't get negative response? There will always be someone who feels left out, stepheng just let his opinion out (even if I would have been happier he didn't), going full whiteknight is unnecessary.

I am responding to StephenG's peculiar belief that is he not allowed to have his own specific gender event thread, which he clearly can. He's certainly allowed to, right? And, just as everyone is entirely free to say whatever they wish in this thread, there would be plenty of people using that same freedom in that thread to say what they thought of a men only specific event.

Just as you are responding to me, as I am to you. Freedom in action. But for some reason StephenG isn't making use of his own freedom to post all his threads about male pop stars and the male electronic events he wishes to hold.

StephenG - did you just try to allude to females not being good at musics, because 'they' dominate the pop music scene?

No I did not say that or intend that.

Are you sure?

When did he say that?

Are you sure?

Positive, I'd admit to it if I did.

Calling attention to something creates awareness of it. If something or some group of people is largely ignored, then how can they gain this so-called merit for which you speak?

Are they lacking in attention because they are female, or do men have a more innate ability to make good sounding music? That I don't know, but I do know that the pop scene is dominated by female artists.

Seems like they are doing just fine to me. If anything there should be a thread promoting male pop artists.

what is the meaning of making this point?

I mean, firstly it's incorrect. but I'm not discussing the veracity of this statement, just the statement itself and what it may or may not say about either your attitude towards females in music, or your ability to write cohesive sentences that stay relevant and correct to the discussion.

:3

When did he say that?

The 18th of July 2014 at 20:18 CET.

Where is your opinion? Saying "stfu" isn't an opinion. Formulate a relevant and coherent argument or don't bother commenting.

What you said is inflammatory and something I expect out of a 5 year old.

Big smelly doodoo head. Neener neener.

Point in case.

Tri never read the rules. :cerious:

something I expect out of a 5 year old.

+

No. Fuck yourself triasshole.

don't bother commenting.

+

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

=

lol

what is the meaning of making this point?

I mean, firstly it's incorrect. but I'm not discussing the veracity of this statement, just the statement itself and what it may or may not say about either your attitude towards females in music, or your ability to write cohesive sentences that stay relevant and correct to the discussion.

:3

People are arguing that females are generally not promoted or equals in the music scene.

I could name you dozens of millionaire female artists (which means yeah, they get promoted).

That's all. Don't try and look deeper because there is nothing deeper.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/5930326/music-s-top-40-money-makers-2014-the-rich-list

Beyonce, Pink, Taylor Swift, etc are in the top 10 earning music stars (not even factoring in which of this top 40 list is pop and which is other genres). lol

Justin Timberlake straddles the gender line so yeah, that's 40% of the top earning stars according to that list.

I generally think StephenG's heart is in the right place on the forum, but yeah dude. Take a quick step back and educate yourself on the history of the web, online communities (or just communities in general) and gender inclusiveness. Then you will quickly understand how you are rapidly re-enacting every stupid thing a possibly otherwise well-meaning dude on the internet has said since like 1993.

Archived