IGNORED

Legowelt's Yamaha SY35 Synthesizer sample kit

Herr Jan

Yet another sample kit that could maybe be of worth to some of you:
121 samples from the quaint 1992 Yamaha SY35 Digital Vector Synthesizer
a Classic 1990s Ambient House & Techno Space machine
combining gritty rompler waves with shady disreputable 2 operator FM synthesis
*** Explore its interdimensional shifting sonic capabilities now ***
Download the zipfile here (80.9 MegaBytezzz) and load them up in your sampler!
all samples in 44khz 16 Bit WAV format
The ZIP file includes the demo mp3 and some hot pix of the SY35 in JPG format
All free for u to use!
Listen to a demo of the samples here (just using Ableton Simpler + some Delay FX):

https://soundcloud.com/legowelt-official/legowelt-yamaha-sy35-sample-kit-demo

http://awolfe.home.xs4all.nl/

(Also check out his Clapernicus clap synth for Ableton 9 on that page or the Smackos Tape Smudge thingy)

fuck he is the man! a really nice friendly guy too when i met him.. More artists should share and be open like this guy imo, you can just tell from his music and the commitment he is in love with what he does..

I just found the Korg Monopoly samples on his website too. Sweet stuff.

So far he did that Korg kit, the CASIOMT70 drumcomp (.zip in link), RolandJD800, Juno 106 (you have to dig a bit harder for those) and DR660 Drumsamples and now this Yamaha thing. Then there's the handful of plugins / vst's he has done...

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another sample pack - can't be arsed to make another thread for it.

DX-Filessmall.jpg

The Legowelt DX Files sample kit

300 artisan FM sounds from various legendary Yamaha DX synthesizers
hand programmed by Legowelt and used in many hit records
Hear the mystic digital power of the Yamaha DX100, TX81Z, DX21, DX7 and DX5
All in 16 bit 44khZ WAV format ready to load into your sampler of choice!!!

Download it here 239 Megabytezzzzz

Any links to the plugins and vst's ?

Sorry missed your post. I don't have the .vst's (if anyone has... share them please!) as they aren't online anymore. The Tape Smudge thing for Ableton can be found here: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/85615-smackos-tape-smudge-x-for-ableton-8-9/

for a second i thought they were patch libraries. For some reason the idea of loading a custom made classic synth sound in a sampler just goes against everything i hold dear as a music maker.

for a second i thought they were patch libraries. For some reason the idea of loading a custom made classic synth sound in a sampler just goes against everything i hold dear as a music maker.

.. unless it's in protracker or something, imo

.. unless it's in protracker or something, imo

Ha, yeah, so many classic tracker tunes made of these! I was just thinking this morning how fun it might be to try to roll that way, only maybe with an MPC instead.

i've never really tried it before, i guess i should. Actually today listening to the Spac Hand Luke record I was noticing it sounded like Luke sampled a bunch of weird synth hoover samples from stuff and it worked quite well actually, something i hadn't noticed in music before (sampling of synths)

i've never really tried it before, i guess i should. Actually today listening to the Spac Hand Luke record I was noticing it sounded like Luke sampled a bunch of weird synth hoover samples from stuff and it worked quite well actually, something i hadn't noticed in music before (sampling of synths)

It works pretty well in a tracker imo. Especially when it's not multisampled and you turn off interpolation so it gets all gritty. It's one of my favourite sounds (hence why I started the thread looking for a hardware sampler to do this)

• 4 weeks later...

If you own an Elektron Analog Rhythm you can now order a Legowelt soundpack
with lots of sounds from my own sampling library from old school machines such as the
Amiga 1200, EMU Emulator II, S900 etc.etc.etc.!!! Including the legendary GLADIO
bass & snaredrums!

Archived