IGNORED

Help me decide what synth to buy [SOLVED]

Squee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think buying vintage analog shit is probably an unnecessary headache

Depends on the stuff, for the most part I've had a lot more problems with new stuff than with vintage stuff in the same price range but I haven't really gone back rather than maybe '85.

Guest Chesney

Weirdly the MS20 is not a synth I have ever played on one, but surely the bottom EG2/Ext knob under each filter is the filter env amount? Or do you need to patch it to use?

whoops, i assumed you were after a first synth, this question is usually asked by first time buyers.

if it's not your first just buy whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what is the appeal of vintage analog, apart from the physical feel of it? I've heard people complain about new analog synths sounding "digital".. is it just some fantasy idea that an analog synth will by default produce warbly out of tune BoC sounds or something?

what is the appeal of vintage analog, apart from the physical feel of it? I've heard people complain about new analog synths sounding "digital".. is it just some fantasy idea that an analog synth will by default produce warbly out of tune BoC sounds or something?

at risk of using meaningless descriptors it does seem like analog stuff sounds fuller and more present out of the box. you can get there with digital, but it takes more time and effort.

I think buying vintage analog shit is probably an unnecessary headache

Have you ever tried vintage analogue?

The stuff is so lush!

yeah some analog things but being able to make your music and not have to pay for maintenance is a big deal. I'm not denying that they sound great.

Archived