IGNORED

Telephasic Workshop

Friendly Stranger

My god what were they on when BoC made this track? It’s transcendental, I have a hard time believing this came of of the 90s. Ahead of its time. And the live version is almost better! 

This is the track that opened my mind and allowed me to “get” Boards of Canada. I love it so, so much. 

Drinking my morning coffee, reading The Economist, and giving MHTRTC a spin. Felt like this track deserves its own thread (couldn’t find one in search, anyways!)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, y’all. Cheers!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

i can hear what their saying! what do you think they're saying? i'll give you a clue there's a female voice saying...

OH, COME ON

Do you hear that? if you know what time she is saying that? prove it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 4:50 AM, Friendly Stranger said:

Bumping my own thread here but once again, F me this track….beyond next level!

Amen. Not bad for a track on your first album.

I think this song is about getting head. Ya know? A blow job!

Says....

You don't know, you don't know.
Very small, and that female voice saying... OH COME ON.

For some reason the other day i was hearing. Boarder "IN" Canada that's why i was thinking about resident evil and how they sealed the city in.

Oh, and there's an apparant vocal clip saying... WHAD THEY SAY? As in what did they say?

That you don't know vocal cut up. It's hard but i hear a male saying... Hey j... You don't know, you don't know.

I believe they're schizophrenic or at least one of them and has been since youth.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alien Sugar said:

Says....

For some reason the other day i was hearing. Boarder "IN" Canada that's why i was thinking about resident evil and how they sealed the city in.

Oh, and there's an apparant vocal clip saying... WHAD THEY SAY? As in what did they say?

That you don't know vocal cut up. It's hard but i hear a male saying... Hey j... You don't know, you don't know.

I believe they're schizophrenic or at least one of them and has been since youth.

Cool

13 hours ago, Alien Sugar said:

Says....

Thanks for sharing, we’re all much the wiser for having read this.

Edited by NewSchoolScience

This track is one of my favourites, I love the synth transition to scattered vocals on mid-end,

great sonic craftmanship by Sandison bros

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 1

I never thought about what this actually means:

A "Telephasic Workshop" is a concept typically used in creative or spiritual communities. It refers to a type of workshop or seminar that relies on non-traditional, often intuitive or spiritually-oriented methods to offer participants new insights or levels of awareness.

The word "telephasic" combines "tele-" (meaning distant or from afar) and "-phasic" (relating to phases). It suggests that the workshop may use methods or techniques that involve states of consciousness or energies beyond everyday awareness, possibly accessed through meditative, hypnotic, or other extraordinary practices.

The specific content of a Telephasic Workshop can vary greatly, as the concept is often flexible and tailored to the specific goals of the participants. Typically, it could involve themes like self-discovery, spiritual development, consciousness expansion, or exploring deeper levels of one’s psyche.

Such workshops might also include elements like guided meditations, visualizations, group exercises, or rituals intended to help participants connect with hidden aspects of themselves or collective consciousness. The goal is often to enable transformative experiences that go beyond what is possible in a traditional workshop setting.

I've always wondered if AS is a HS troll playing, and in a weird way mocking us.

Edited by beerwolf